Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Delisle541, Home Buyer in Ewing, NJ

Can I hire someone to check in on my property for a few months while I get ready to move?

Asked by Delisle541, Ewing, NJ Mon Mar 10, 2014

I live in NJ and my wife is emigrating from Germany. We want to buy a house in Austin TX but it will be vacant for a little while while she ships her stuff and sells her house and finalizing some things at home. I'll still be working in NJ while I sell my house.

Answers

11
If the house you are talking about is in Austin, I'll do it.

Eric
512-712-5842
Eric@EricEstate.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 11, 2014
If you ask your realtor to contact the owners about the neighborhood and neighbors you should get an idea of what to expect. I own a home in Coronado hills and if your owners have lived in the neighborhood any length of time they will let you know, my neighbors all watch out for each other individuals and cars in the neighborhood they don't know. On my street everyone knows each other and looks out for other home owners when they are out of town or not at home for periods of time. as long as they know. In my neighborhood I would not have a problem with that.
You have plenty of nice agents who responded to you below. Work with one of them, and welcome to Texas!

Susie Kay, RealtorĀ®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net
http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
Hi Delisle,

Finding the right home in Austin these days can be a challenge. One option for you would be to select your home and have us build it for you while you are waiting for you wife. We have built many homes for long distance customers. If you are at all interested please let me know.

Looks like you have a number of good answers here. I am with JB Goodwin REALTORS and we have been helping people with their real estate needs for over 40 years here in Austin. If you are looking for a full-service Realtor in the Austin area I would be happy to help you find a great home as well as take care of the property until you move in. My services are free of charge to you and I am happy to help.

Feel free to give me a call or send me an email at your convenience and we can talk through the specifics. Also, if you are looking for a top Realtor in NJ, I would be happy to recommend one to you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Dan Burstain, Realtor
JB Goodwin REALTORS
cell: 512-588-3260
Dan@JBGoodwin.com
If you're selling your house in New Jersey, the agent there should be able to keep an eye on the property for you. I worked in and am from the tri-state area and I know Realtors there will do that for their clients typically. If you do not have an agent yet, I have a national network of other top Realtors and I'll be happy to send a few recommendations your way. I only align myself with the best.

As far as your move to Austin, congrats on your choice as I wish I moved here from there many many years ago. I think you will welcome the change. I happen to be one of the top agents in the greater Austin area so if you do not have an agent here yet to help you find a home, feel free to contact me and I will do all I can to assist. I have a great team of inspectors, lenders, etc. and do not charge anything for my extensive services. I also work for the #1 Real Estate Company here, Keller Williams Realty. I specialize in all things Residential and in Negotiations. Let me know if I may be of any further assistanceā€¦ Thanks, Joe
My real estate agent, who has become my friend, would probably be able to do this for you. His name is Raymond Day and his number is 512 496-3725. He is also a great agent to help you find the perfect home. If he does not answer leave him a message and he will get back to you. Let him know the best time to reach you.
Hi there! I do this quit often for my investors and would be happy to help if you are in need. Also if you are currently working with another Realtor, more than likely they would be happy to do the same. Welcome to Southern Hospitality :) Shannon
Oops...quite...Never quit!
Flag Mon Mar 10, 2014
I would be happy to help you with your home search in Austin. In fact, depending on your circumstances, I may be able to help you with a short term tenant.

Please feel free to contact me anytime without obligation
If you need a Realtor in Austin to assist you in purchasing a home and to check on it periodically until you move in, I would gladly assist you. Contact me at your convenience, please.

Tom Cantalini
Broker Associate, GRI,CNE SFR, MBA
Century21 HSK and Associates
512-797-9167
tom.cantalini@gmail.com
I would recommend interviewing a few agents in the area where you plan to buy your new home. Once you have settled on an agent I am sure they would keep an eye on your home for you especially with you giving them your business. They may charge a small fee, but you may even be able to find someone to do it at no cost as long as you bought the home with them.
Thanks Cullen, I appreciate it.
Flag Mon Mar 10, 2014