Home Buying in San Francisco>Question Details

Dave Kovales…, Real Estate Pro in Lake Ariel, PA

Can I have my real estate license hung at an office and work as a sales person for a builder and that commission NOT go through the brokerage?

Asked by Dave Kovaleski, Lake Ariel, PA Mon Mar 18, 2013

I am currently a real estate agent but am going to work for a new home builder as a sales person and I want to keep my real estate license active and hung at the real estate office I was working for.

Help the community by answering this question:


You can't do it. As others have said, you can only work for one broker at a time. If you want to work for a new home builder, your license must hang with their broker of record.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 19, 2013
In California your license goes wherever you go. The broker of record for the homebuilder will have to be responsible for you if you're selling houses for his builder.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
No, The Broker is responsible for you and your actions.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
The state in which I work is Pennsylvania.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 18, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer