Home Buying in Saint Paul>Question Details

Northa, Other/Just Looking in Saint Paul, MN

Can I get any info about Exclusive Buyer Agents (names, contact info, etc.) in St. Paul, MN?

Asked by Northa, Saint Paul, MN Sun Apr 13, 2008

Answers

13
Kim M. Eisen’s answer
Hi Northa

Pretty much each agent is an 'Exclusive Buyer Agent' as you both sign an 'Exclusive Right to Represent Buyer' and they are representing you as a buyer. There is no 'dual agency' if the home is not listed with their company.

The trade off is that they cannot show you any homes listed with their company if you choose not to have 'dual agency' - which possibly could be the 'perfect' home for you and they couldn't show it to you.

Even if you did choose 'dual agency', your agent could still give you comps to see the value of similar homes before making an offer. Because of confidentiality, it would be extremely rare that either agent knew anything about the other agent's client.

So to put it linear fashion - ANY agent that signs an 'Exclusive Right to Represent Buyer' with you is an exclusive buyers' agent for that buyer. You can choose to have them 'not' show you any homes listed with their company 'no dual agency'. If you see one that 'is' listed with their company and you really want it, you can choose again for 'dual agency' or some other arrangement.

If you'd like to discuss it further, I'd be happy to talk to you.

If you like this answer or if it was useful to you, a quick click on the green 'thumbs up' would be appreciated.

Kim Eisen
"Helping People Make Smart Real Estate Decisions since 1980"
(651) 457-HOME (4663)

http://www.QuickHomesSearch.com
You asked about Exclusive Buyer Agents but I can tell you that there are benefits and tradeoffs for using an EBA. If you'd consider an agent that is not an EBA, you should contact my good friend:

Lisa Dunn
Edina Realty
(612) 599-3484
http://lisadunn.edinarealty.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 13, 2008
You could find a lot of agents who help buyers in St Paul but would not know how well they work for you; I would suggest you ask a friend or family member who they have worked with an agent to see if they have any refferals. If the agent exceeds their expecations they would be happy to pass their info along.
Web Reference: http://www.lennyfrolov.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 13, 2008
Northa,
You can check Realtor.com and search for agents in a specified area and even specify what designations you want them to have such as the ABR as mentioned before. Also you need to pick more then one and interview them to find the best match for you and what you are needing.

Larry Story
Coldwell Banker Triad
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Apr 13, 2008
Dear Northa,

It has been my experience that Exclusive Buyer Agents are usually new Realtors without as much experience and clout. Large Brokerage firms might assign new agents to work with buyers because it a good way to get experience and Realtors who already have clients might not want more buyers. I would advise getting someone to help you who will sign an Exclusive Right To Sell contract. If you find a Realtor from a smaller firm, they is very little chance of having any conflict of interest with a seller.

Let me know if you have more questions or want to understand this better. Also, I would be happy to help you. I work in St. Paul, and it's northern and eastern suburbs.

God bless you,

Carolyn Jass, Realtor
Twin Cities Real Estate, Equal Housing Opportunity
651-344-6226
carolynjass@live.com
The truth is......an Exclusive Buyers Agent works 100% of the Time for Home Buyers. They NEVER represent sellers and therefore never have that inherent conflict of interest that can arise when working with an agent or agency that may have a relationship with the seller of the home you may be interested in purchasing.

There are 3 very important parts of the Dual Agency law that need to be understood:

1) This role LIMITS the level of representation the saleperson and brokerage can provide
2) Dual Agents are prohibited from acting exclusively for either party
3) Dual Agents may NOT advocate for one party to the detriment of the other

Should you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Ron Jensrud
Exclusive Buyers Agent
100% for Home Buyers - 100% of the Time!
(612)272-1520
http://www.Real-Buyer-Agents.com
Hi Northa,
You must have known that you'd get a bunch of agents giving you their contact information. The bottom line - work with someone you're comfortable with.

Back when I bought my first home, real estate agents keep everything a big secret and I was terrified that I made a huge mistake. My 'top producer' agent offered little guidance and didn't take time to explain the process. I'm sure my $80,000 home was towards the very bottom of the list of priorities.

The process doesn't need to be long and drawn out - who has time for long meetings and extensive questioning? We know the market very well and Ben is also an appraiser, so determining a home's value is his specialty. However, we also like to keep things casual with our buyers.

You can follow this link to read our testimonials:
http://www.trulia.com/voices/profile/Real_Estate_Pro-Minneap…

Hope this helps, and feel free to contact us if we can provide you with more information.
Web Reference: http://www.myhome.tc
Hi Northa,

It is very important to realize first that buying a home is a process and not an event. What we want to do is streamline the process best for our clients so it goes smoothly and successfully. How we accomplish that is we would first start by getting together and discussing the Real Estate market and more importantly process. We believe especially for 1st time homebuyers that understanding the process and terms you will hear is very important. This meeting takes roughly 45mins or so depending on your questions and most importantly at the end of the meeting, we will go through an extensive wants and needs analysis to determine exactly what you are looking for. This will help both of us better understand what exactly you are looking for as well as what I have to “find” for you. From there, we will help you get financing if needed as we are associated with some of the best lenders in the state and last but not least we will also look at some homes that may interest you. Once we do find the “one” we will look at the market and see what in the area has sold and determine what would be a good offer price. In addition to that, we will help you structure your offer to get you the best deal possible. You mentioned you had a Buyer’s Consultation, are you familiar with the mentioned information?

We also have a team of 6, but I only worth with buyers, so that means you are going to get the best service possible. If for any reason I would not be able to show you a property but it was an immediate need to see, we will take care of you and get you inside. In addition to that, our team support structure allows you to have a fun, smooth and easy transaction the way it is meant to be.

Also to clarify your question; to have true an Exclusive Buyers Agent, you have to not agree to dual agency. More importantly Buyer Representation is crucial to the Homebuying Process and you deserve your own Buyers Specialist.

Please let me know when you might have some time in your schedule to answer all your questions, get you going in the right direction, and find out what is important to you and how I can help you accomplish your goals.

Northa, I look forward to hearing from you soon,

Ryan Bretzel; Licensed in MN and WI
Buyer's Specialist
Hartmann/Korby Team of Keller Williams Realty
ryan@hartmannteam.com
612.750.4887 (cell)
Web Reference: http://www.Hartmannteam.com
Hi Northa,

When you decide to work with an agent to represent you as a buyer, you want to be sure that you have a consultation before even going out to look at houses, especially if this is your first home that you are purchasing. This consultation should include an explanation of the different relationships in Real Estate transactions, the process for buying a home, what the agent will do for you and how they represent you, and finally really getting to know you and what you are looking for in a home.

I would also like to let you know that I work as a Realtor in the St. Paul area and specialize in the Merriam Park neighborhood. I was born and raised in the Merriam Park neighborhood, have been in many of the homes growing up and now keep up on the inventory that is on the market. I know about many of the nuances and details of this charming neighborhood. I would be happy to meet with you to share more about this with you and how I can serve you as your Buyer's Agent.

Rochelle Ann Allison
homes@rochelleann.com
Mobile: 952-913-7112
Web Reference: http://www.RochelleAnn.com
Hi Northa,

One thing you might want to consider is finding an agent who holds the ABR designation, that being an Accredited Buyer Representative. You can learn more at the link below. These agents have educated themselves on how to properly represent buyers, and also must meet experience requirements. Talk to a couple different agents and get a feel of who you like and what they will do for you. Good luck!
Hi Northa,
While we have been sellers agents a couple times, about 98% of our work is with buyers. Please contact us if you need any help:

Stacia & Ben Goheen
651-356-8877
Web Reference: http://www.myhome.tc
Northa, Hello I would be happy to talk with you about purchasing a home in the St. Paul area. My contact information is as follows:

Tim Murphy, MN & WI Licensed Realtor
The Johnson & Murphy Real Estate Team
RE/MAX RESULTS
Office: 952-431-0437
E-mail: TimMurphy@JohnsonMurphyHomes.com
Website: JohnsonMurphyHomes.com
This ought to be funny. I'd be willing to bet that you will get a lot of responses to this question. If no one here fits your criteria in an agent, give me a call. I would be happy to get you in contact with several of the great real estate agents that I know in the St Paul area.
Web Reference: http://www.stcloudedina.com