Gbk103, Home Buyer in 23225

Can I get a mortgage loan with a credit score of 605 in VA?

Asked by Gbk103, 23225 Thu Jul 22, 2010

Answers

5
Yes lenders can go down to a 580 for FHA loans, most banks will not but some mortgage companies will.. I have heard of getting a conventional loan with a 620 credit score. But you have to find the right lender, I would suggest going to The Lenders Network they are a referral company that can get you in contact with the right lender.
I recommend contacting a loan officer to assist you with financing. 605 may be a little low, so you may have to work on your credit a little more to bring it up to 620. There are many well-qualified lenders who can assist you with your mortgage financing. If you need the names of a few, let me know.
As there are many factors to consider in obtaining a mortgage loan, the best thing to do, as you have been so advised by others here, is to contact a local, reputable mortgage lender who can gather the needed information and talk with you about your options. A really good one will stick with you to provide information and guidance if you need to clean up your credit report as well to get you on the road to purchasing a home. David Johnston, who represents SunTrust as well as other lenders, would be happy to assist you. He can be reached at 804-565-3608. He's great about providing current guidance as well as for going forward with your particular goals. Let me know how it goes.
Web Reference: http://www.deborahedgar.com
Not knowing your overall finances/assets--If you haven't done so yet, do visit with any qualified loan officer(s) first, see if you do qualify, how much, and have your credit score checked as their scoring is often different--during your visit a determination as to qualification can be made.
That a great question for a lender. You may want to try my contact at Access Mortgage a really honest, good guy named Mark Hood, his phone number(which he always answers btw) is 804-323-8026 ext 229. Tell him Ty Dwyer sent you his way. There is no obligation to use him as your lender, but he would be able to answer that easily.