Stressed, Home Buyer in 33458

Can I get a loan with a 574 FICO score?

Asked by Stressed, 33458 Wed Aug 5, 2009

Currently my FICO score is a 574. It was due to not paying my stufent loans. I've actually raised my score over 100 points in the last 8 months. I've been taking care of the whole issue, finally got a great job and now want to purchase my first home. I work as a police officer and have been looking around the Jupiter FL area. I've been on time with all my payments, new truck, student loans, cell phone, rent etc. How can I get into a home? Would I qualify for a FHA? Should I try to purchase a home and do owner financing?

Answers

3
Wow! I'm impressed by what you've written! You've received some good answers here already. I'd also like to suggest you visit this site http://tinyurl.com/l9aeg7 (Florida Housing Org.) as it very well might offer you important information. Also, here's a link to a Palm Beach County website that will also info on other programs (SHIP) that you might qualify for http://tinyurl.com/laklx5

Good luck and if you need any further assistance or advice please feel free to contact me.

JOAN LORBERBAUM MOORE
Broker Associate, GRI
Lang Realty
9858 Clint Moore Road
Boca Raton, FL 33496
joanmoorerealtor@gmail.com
561-573-3238
Stressed,
I currently have an FHA program that will allow credit scores from 560. Please give me a call or send me a e mail to over over the program to see if it is a fit.

Melissa Antenucci
Ameritrust Mortgage
561-417-9221
MelissaA@AmeritrustMortgage.info
Stressed,

It sounds like you are doing a fantastic job of cleaning up your credit and I am not sure you are working with a qualified lender to assist you with getting the FICO score where it needs to be. Today, you will need to get that score up to at least 620 but your are close and with the right direction getting those last 46 points may not be that difficult. If you would like to further explore that option please feel free to give me a call at 561 308-0175 or shoot me an e-mail to tom@tompriester.com. I just completed a similar situation with a Palm Beach County Sheriff who I would be happy to give you as a referral contact. He is now firmly in place in his new home and I just spoke with him yesterday and he is ecstatic.

Owner financing is an option but in my opinion not a great one; typically we will have to locate a seller who owns the property free and clear and usually you'll end up paying more for the property due to the carry. If they have the property priced properly there would really be no reason for them to carry the loan so in the end you will probably make price concessions.

The best thing about buying now is there is still great inventory in most price ranges and interest rates and prices are still historically low. One thing to strongly consider with an FHA is the fact those loans are assumable which could very well be a huge benefit to you down the road.

If I can offer anything additional just let me know as I, like you, are here to serve!

Tom Priester
"Results Driven Real Estate"

Keller Williams Realty of Jupiter
561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Web Reference: http://www.tompriester.com