Home Buying in Cross Creek>Question Details

Doug Zimmerm…, Real Estate Pro in Bellefontaine, OH

Can I get a loan for a condo when I just got our of a Chapter 13 ?

Asked by Doug Zimmerman, Bellefontaine, OH Tue Feb 25, 2014

Answers

6
There are other factors that the bank is looking at such as credit score, types of debt, settlement payments for debt to income ratios, etc. So it will be dependent upon those as well as your documentation of the discharge paperwork from the courts. I can set you up with a direct lender who works with hard credit scenarios if you would like to see what you can qualify for.
Heather Wiseman
Exit Realty Leaders
(614) 599-4616
wisemanrealtor@yahoo.com
Well, Doug, apparently I am wrong. Under certain circumstances you might be able to get a loan under Chapter 13.
Hi Doug, Yes you can get a mortgage just out of a Chapter 13 bankruptcy!! If I can answer any add'l questions, I'd be happy to help. Best wishes otherwise, Kimberly Lawson, Licensed Mortgage Loan Originator - Ohio only. Contact and licensing information can be found on my profile.
Yes you can!! do you need me to send you a lender name and number?
No. You cannot get a mortgage for anything if you just got out of a bankruptcy. Ever.
When was your BK discharged? What is your credit score now? Typically you have to wait 2-4 yrs from the discharge date depending on the loan. Condos can be very tough to finance. Some condo communities require special financing. I would suggest speaking to a lender. I have a recommendation : Raub Warner 614-571-0262