Home Buying in Valley Center>Question Details

flyer, Home Buyer in Valley Center, KS

Can I get a home loan with a credit score of 613?

Asked by flyer, Valley Center, KS Tue Feb 12, 2013

Answers

4
Jessica Bateman’s answer
FHA really isn't credit score driven, it's the Banks and Lenders that set those score requirements. There are a few lenders that go down to 580 with FHA, I personally have closed on several homes with clients around and under 600. I recommend all my clients that have credit issues to check with The Lenders Network, check them out. If anyone can get you approved they can!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jul 16, 2013
It is possible, I've had a couple of clients use RH Lending, they are able to do loans for people with credit scores above 580. My TX contact is Vick and his phone number is 214-432-0684. One disclaimer, none of the ones I've closed with them have closed on time. They will ask for lots of documents for final approval and they wait until to the last minute to request what they need. As long as you don't mind jumping through more hoops than usual and not closing on time, then give them a call.
Iam sure you can.
But improve it a little and you can get a better rate for a 30 yrs loan.
Consult with a REAL mortgage lender.
It might be pretty tough with that score. However, you should meet with a certified mortgage planner and let them to review your credit history and suggest ways to bring the score up. There also could be some errors in your credit file that are hurting your score.