Reach100, Home Buyer in 92024

Can I find an Ocean View home in Encinitas for under $600K?

Asked by Reach100, 92024 Fri Apr 22, 2011

with a big yard

Answers

15
I don't know your financial situation and how you intend to make the purchase but I would definitely say don't give up if that is what your heart is set on. Many years ago (before I was a Broker) I wanted a house, on a hill in Carlsbad with an ocean view and Realtors laughed me out of their office and wouldn’t give me the time of day unless I was willing to look at Condos or homes with HOA's: which I wasn't. Then I found Glen Bernard (he's also recently run for the mayor position in Carlsbad) and he said let's see what's out there!

I bought a house in BK that was in bad shape, I've purchase and sold other homes and I once again live in that same house because of the location and view. Thanks to Glen I changed careers; I wanted to be "that kind of Realtor" not one chasing a dollar but one helping clients chase a Dream. So keep dreaming and don't settle, being realistic of course (remember my house was in BADDDDD condition!!)
Anastasia
I show 5 listed currently but they are condos and townhouses. The difficulty is that we are relying on listing agents to select the "ocean view" tab on the listing screen. If they don't, it's matter of reading each description individually. There are homes in Carlsbad (yes, actual homes :) that have ocean views for that price. Encinitas is a little pricier. If ocean view is the key, you can go as far inland as San Marcos to (San Elijo) and to Escondido (Emerald Heights) or even Valley Center with West facing ocean views. Is Encinitas your city of choice? Thanks so much...and feel free to call me directly at: 760-580-9195 or visit my website for accurate listing info!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 22, 2011
You could certainly find condos with ocean views in Encinitas for under $600,000, but you would have a tough time finding a detached home that would. If a detached home with an ocean view at that price became available, you would want to be ready to pounce because it would go FAST!
We hold "Free Foreclosure Tours" from our Coast Highway 101 office most Saturdays and specialize in beach/ocean properties. If you haven't already selected a property you may want to join us for a private and personal tour of available foreclosure properties From Oceanside to Del Mar. Please take a moment to log onto our website below. Or you may call me for a private showing anytime.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 2, 2011
The guests at the party can get to watch, a highly advanced remote control pilot, perform impressive air tricks with the remote control helicopters. The person, who will be navigating the remote control helicopter, should be able to do so without injuring those who will be watching the RC helicopter.
http://www.rctophobby.com/
Flag Thu Aug 7, 2014
It might be possible but hosestly not very likely. It is possible in Carlsbad. I am holding Open House today until 4pm at a home with an ocean view. Call me for more info. Tom Hicks 760 845 5922
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 2, 2011
greg's one word answer is the reason that buyers need to be sure they are dealing with a local agent when buying. he is wrong. his advice may be accurate in his 92037 zip but is not good recon for our 92024 zip...to which i add the 92007 zip for cardiff.

i just did a search and found three. play riviera, burgundy, lake drive. the recent sold have five or more.

a million and half gets you a nicer crib but the ante these days is much n more attainable
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 2, 2011
in a word, no. your budget would need to be over 1M more like 1.5+
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 2, 2011
Come on! I have a home in Vista with a beautiful panoramic ocean view. That's not she's talkin abbout. She wants to be up close and personal to the ocean.
Right now, that is gonna be tough, However Anastasia is correct, if you look hard enough, you just might find what you are looking for! There are some great homes in San Elijo Hills that are in the $500's with great ocean views!
Web Reference: http://jamesbaxterhomes.com
I LOVE what Anastasia said, and I agree with her. Over the next few years expect to see more distressed properties on the market, which typically means lower prices. It could be that you will find the house that you love, so don't give up!

Best of luck!

Rachel LaMar, J.D.
LaMar Real Estate
Check listings and also visit craigslist.
I love Anastasia's passion. She's what RE is really all about. Or should be anyway. I share her sincerity and enthusiasm about the North County ocean view properties. I actually purchased a beautiful flat one acre hilltop with a breathtaking panoramic Catalina, San Clemente and Oceanside Harbor view.

I've owned the property for 30 years, have raised my 5 children there. Today my almost bakers dozen grandkiddies frequent the property to frolic about and pick fruits and veggies from a cross section of just about everything Mother Nature has to offer.

Yes, you can find ocean view properties in the Encinitas area in that price range (not a whole lot of properties but they are out there) and believe it or not some just happen to be single family residents. We specialize in distressed property acquisition, rehab, remodel rebuild, resale, buy and hold to reside in or rent/lease for your investment portfolio.

We're a all-in-one turnkey RE broker, general contractor, property management and investment company all under one roof owned and operated by one local family. We would like to invite you to join us on April 30th for a FREE FORECLOSURE TOUR of coastal properties between Leucadia and Solona Beach.

Our new branch office is located at 1900 N Coast Highway 101, Suite B, Leucadia, CA, 92024. We're about 100 feet south of Roberto's on the West southbound side of the highway. Just take I-5 to La Costa Ave, head West to Coast Highway and turn left (south). We're about a half block down on the right. You'll see our FREE FORECLOSURE TOUR SIGNS.

Feel free to email us through our website or you can call my cell at 760 81`5-6977. If you can't make it on the 30th we will be conducting FREE FORECLOSURE TOURS every Saturday throughout the summer. Look forward to seeing or hearing from you.
You can find ocean view homes that are attached under $600K. There are a few on the market right now. I also have one that will be coming on the market within the next 2-3 months. I would be happy to send you the current properties that match what you are looking for as well as keep you updated on the one that is coming on the market.

John Finley, Broker
Del Mar Realty Associates
760-815-2266
jfinley71@gmail.com
yes. and be sure to include leucadia and cardiff (zip 92007) to get a full picture.

you will find some townhomes at west hampton cove right where Saxony hits encinitas blvd. look for a Mangano Circle address. just up the road there are few homes on Sweet Pea, carmel creeper, silverberry, etc. right off saxony

there are certain homes up in pacific serena with genuine views, but they are SMALL homes. look for the upper ends of delphinium and gloxina streets. and even number means your on the ocean-view west side of the road

certain parts of Cardiff have views from the houses at that price point but they are definitely impacted by freeway noise. some streets to look at there are Playa Riviera, Pariva and certain parts of emma and freda. the neighborhood across birmingham also has some stuff for you. look for the streets robley, ruthlor, edilee, and thereabouts.

the leucadia area is tougher to name streets for as the views there for the ocean are less impressive due to the bluffs.

if you need some address specific info give me a call, i've been local encinitas for over 15 years and know the area very well.

aloha,

mike ford, broker
760-840-9448
dre 01068560
I found none in Encinitas; however, there are 3 in Carlsbad. Call me if you like.