Toni Diberna…, Home Owner in Indian Wells, CA

Can I file a lis pendens prior to the lender foreclosing?

Asked by Toni Dibernardo, Indian Wells, CA Wed Oct 26, 2011

Answers

6
hello i was wondering im in california and i want to buy a home it is an reo property but was told there is a lis pendens on the home. the home is empty but the bank has not yet put the lock on it. how long before it goes on the market for sale?
sometimes banks will hold a property and sit on it for quite awhile before selling it. Please give me a call @ 760-585-8328 if you are looking to buy a foreclosed property. I can share helpful information with you to smooth out the process.

Uriah Anderson, Broker Assoc
HK Lane, Christies' affiliate
CA DRE #01303991
Flag Fri May 17, 2013
A real estate lawyer is the only way to go here. Any agent that advises on this is violating their DRE laws and regulations. We cannot advise on legal matters.... we are not lawyers!
Consult with an attorney who specializes in real estate for any necessary advice....
Do you know the meaning of a lis pendens? When I was a manager a few years ago, a buyer filed a lis pendens on one of my agents sellers, as the seller cancelled his contract and sold his property to another buyer. The buyer who filed the lis pendens did not have the money to purchase the property immediately. The buyer wanted to tie up the property so the seller could not sell to anyone but him. The judge dismissed the suit and lis pendens. Unless you have the money to pay off the loan, or bring your loan current, the lis pendens will not do the trick. Speak to a real estate attorney. Bankruptcy may bean option, or a short sale. Your attorney will guild you with the best option for your situation.
Toni, this question should really be answered by an attorney that specializes in real estate. I refer all my clients to Paul Bojic located in Rancho Mirage.

Here's his number: (760) 202-1010
Web Reference: http://www.edbrophy.com
This is a legal question best answered by a real estate attorney.