Home Buying in Brooklyn>Question Details

smajid, Home Buyer in Edison, NJ

Can I buy a house in Atlanta, GA while working in NY and move my family to GA where my kids can start schooling.?

Asked by smajid, Edison, NJ Mon Feb 25, 2013

Are there any extra costs associated with out of state buying? I will be a first time home buyer!!

Answers

5
Is your job one that you can work from GA? Or will you be staying in NY and simply relocating your family?

If your job can document that you're able to work from home and from time to time fly to NY in occasion, you should be able to finance it as your primary residence. But if your employment demands that you spend 51% or more of your time in NY, you might run into an issue and it may result in you having to purchase this home as a second home. I suggest you meet with a Loan Officer and go over all the details.

If you need someone to help you, I am always available to meet with you here in NY and help you finance in GA. Good luck!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
Thanks for all the replies!!! I am aware of the pre approval and also that contacting a GA broker wud be most appropriate.. One thing that still is unclear is that as I have heard from a few people that buying out of state is either too expensive(as a higher down% is req) or you have to show some months residency in that state before buying real estate. I went to Atlanta last month myself and had a look at few houses even newly constructed ones.... The prices are damn attractive as compared to NY and NJ hence thinking of moving my family there while I work here in NY till a respectable offer in GA! Well will be needing some contacts from you guys too so thanks for sharing your info and esp Lowell Sterling detailed step by step answer cleared the pic very much!
Good morningSamanmajid,

Of course you can. I know quite a few people in GA that can help you get started with the process: Available homes, mortgage, attorney, ect.

Give me a call anytime!
Cell#: 212.300-3919

Luke Constantino
REMAX NEW YORK
(212) 300-3919
lukeconstantino@gmail.com
261 4th Avenuue, Brooklyn NY 11215
Based on your post the search start with your Mortgage Banker as this will be your primary residence.

BUYING A HOME

Start the process right 1st by talking to a Licensed Mortgage Professional to determine who much home you can afford and whether you are credit wordy and is there an ability to repay the loan.

The Mortgage Professional will give you a conditional approval letter to take to the realtor.

Once the realtor has found your home you should get it inspected to determine if it’s structurally safe (have the realtor recommend one locally) and be sure to ask your realtor to negotiate a home warranty paid by the seller.

Now is the time to determine and negotiate you rate and terms with the Loan Officer who is responsible to order an appraisal that you will be responsible to pay for prior to the arrival of the appraiser.

You’re Mortgage Professional / Loan Officer will be responsible to guide you the rest of the process and should not take more than 30 days.

DURING THIS PERIOD DO NOT TAKE ON ANY ADDITIONAL DEBT UNTIL THE LOAN IS CLOSED AS YOU WILL BE DENIED THE LOAN.

Wherever you're located in this nation, you can trust you're working with a reputable mortgage banker - not a fly-by-night operation. Here's why.

Bank of England is partners with every major investor on Wall Street; allowing us to provide the best rates and terms on all mortgages.

We are approved by the Better Business Bureau and Bank of England /ENG Lending is the only mortgage bank among its competitors that is owned by a FDIC insured bank and did not need government bailout to remain solvent.

Bank of England loan officers don't simply facilitate the loan process; they act as "financial advisors," helping clients assess their finances on a larger scale. Whether you're self-employed and need a low-doc mortgage loan, or you're searching for the best rates on a jumbo home loan, your loan officer is here to find your perfect solution.

Get the facts about home mortgages from the experts at ENG Lending. Learn about different types of home mortgage loans and what to expect during the mortgage application process. Plus, find information about the current mortgage market and which mortgage myths you should never believe.
Let ENG's experienced Mortgage Bankers help you find a solution for your financial needs. My name is Lowell contact me at (972) 646-2411 so we can discuss your situation in private. Benefit from my 21 years of experience answering the most common mortgage questions.

Lowell Sterling
Loan Officer
NMLS# 968898
LSterling@englending.com
16800 N. Dallas Pkwy, Suite 290 | Dallas, TX 75248
Office: 972-646-2411 | Cell: 214-418-7022 | Fax: 214-614-4637
Bank of England /dba ENG Lending: NMLS# 418481
Hi samanmajid
Have you started your search in Atlanta, GA yet? If you need a realtor to work with you, I can set you
up with some names as a referral and they can probably advise you better on this subject since they live and work in Georgia. Additionally, they can do all the research for you of what is available and
show you the properties of interest.
madelinepadovano@fillmore.com