Home Buying in Antelope>Question Details

Joyce, Other/Just Looking in Antelope, CA

Can I buy a home after having a foreclosure. Also, can I get help with the down payment.

Asked by Joyce, Antelope, CA Mon Dec 1, 2008

Answers

3
If your foreclosure is recent, no, I would not expect to be able to get a loan any time soon. In fact, if you've had a foreclosure in the past, banks will not really want to be your friend at the moment. In the future, it will even out, and there will be opportunities again....however, you'll still have to have cash to get into the deal, you can kiss the 100% good bye, unless you go with a predatory lender, which I promise will be worse.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Dec 2, 2008
Probably not if the foreclosure was recent. Think about it, would you lend money to someone who defaulted recently? If you are able to find a lender they will most certainly require a substantial down payment. There are some programs out there for folks with special needs but beware of sharks all too ready to take several hundred dollars and waste your time. Good luck.
You can buy a home anytime if you have the cash or credit required. First you will need to find a lender willing to work with you. If there were extinuating circumstances, they may also be willing to work with you. You will find that it will be more difficult and it may even be higher interest rates. You may also find an owner that is willing to carry the loan if you have some money to work with. Check those possibilities out. There are still lenders out there working with buyers. You just have to be patient and diligent in looking for them.

Thanks for asking!