Home Buying in Belmont>Question Details

Crystal Morr…, Home Buyer in Charlottesville, VA

Can I build a privacy fence in the backyard of a townhouse if there is no HOA involved with the property?

Asked by Crystal Morris, Charlottesville, VA Thu Nov 7, 2013

Answers

2
Belmont is a tricky area. One quick rule-of-thumb is to see what other neighbors have (keep in mind some may be grandfathered). In Belmont, I would be sure that the fence is fully on your property and also check with the City of Charlottesville first.

Best of luck
Charles
Even though No HOA, there may be restrictions and covenants on the neighborhood. Also if building a fence verify through restrictions covenants the right size, material etc, and particularly verify it's on your own property not infringing on common area or adjacent property owners.

Let me know any further way can assist, I suspect you have a puppy or child or want some privacy, either way congrats on your home ownership. If you haven't refinanced lately you should check rates as they will be rising in the future.

Happy Home