Home Buying in Portland>Question Details

HGTV, Both Buyer and Seller in San Francisco, CA

Buying your first place?

Asked by HGTV, San Francisco, CA Mon Feb 9, 2009

MY FIRST PLACE, HGTV’s hit series, is gearing up for our Seventh season and we are looking for first-time homebuyers in the Greater Portland area to feature on the show! (And of course, their agents!)

AGENTS involved play a significant role in the storytelling methods of the show and will receive nationally televised (HGTV) positive exposure.

We are looking for fun, high-energy people who are just starting the home-buying process for their first place! Our goal is to capture all the trials and tribulations of looking for, bidding on and buying your first place.

Ideal candidates will be enthusiastic buyers with a great story to tell and a desire to share their experiences. Singles, couples and families are all invited to apply!

Request an application by emailing:

Or call Jon Kawano at (303) 712-3222

You can also APPLY ONLINE at http://www.highnoonentertainment.com by finding the "My First Place" page in the CASTING tab

Sorry, wrong market, wrong time, wrong prices. Give it awhile after the prices drop even more and I will be buying. Now is not the time.
Hi all,

Just wanted to let you know that we are now casting for Season 8 of "My First Place" in both Boston and San Francisco!

San Francisco agents and first-time hombebuyers, email cschneider@highnoontv.com for an application!

Boston, please contact cbriley@highnoontv.com

Thank you!
Web Reference: http://highnoontv.com
You should check out Portland Home Auction. Deals galore!
Hi - I am dual licensed as both a Real Estate Broker and Loan Officer here in the Portland Area. I work with a great team of Realtors at Commonwealth Real Estate Companies and an outstanding group at Sunset Mortgage Co. This sounds like lots of fun and I would love to offer my team's services to help with this - in exchange we can offer some freebies (like appraisals and home warranties, etc.) to help get this first time home buyer off on the right foot in their new home.

Thanks in advance for your consideration!

Kelly Gebler
Real Estate Broker & Residential/Commercial Loan Officer
Commonwealth Real Estate Companies & Sunset Mortgage Co.
....Your Portland Area One Stop Shopping Resource for all Your Home Purchase, Sale & Finance Needs
10365 SE Sunnyside Rd., Ste 340
Clackamas, OR 97015
Ph: 503-516-1637
Email: LetUsGuideYouHome@comcast.net
I have a couple great ones.

A young Soldier....Alex Leonard. he just finished his Masters degree and is working at Intel....but was just called back to duty for a second tour. He is attractive, sharp, dedicated, and very focused. He may have already found a place but i see no reason we could not work with him.

I have a Young super energetic school teacher and her boyfriend just starting the process right now. They are chasing the elusive short sale and we are just starting our hunt for their first home on Portland's west side. I think both would be great candidates.

I will request an application for them.

Thanks John.

Dirk Knudsen
Re/Max Hall of Fame
Web Reference: http://www.theknudsens.com
Thanks Danielle! What's the San Francisco market like for first time buyers?

Have a great day & thanks for your help! I'll keep you posted if we head down your way.

Hey Jon,
If/when you do a San Francisco program, let us know! I work with a lot of enthusiastic first time home buyers and would love to help. :)

I'll pass this along to Portland folks too.

Danielle Lazier, Realtor, CRS, SFHotlist.com Founder
t: 415.695.7707
e: danielle (at) zephysf.com