Nick Lee, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Buying pre-construction condos

Asked by Nick Lee, Chicago, IL Fri Jul 5, 2013

I am interested in buying pre-construction condos. Where do I find information about opportunities? Should I contact developers directly?

If you can get a hold of a developer that would be the best bet. Or get a good agent that knows of things prior to hitting the market.
Web Reference: http://Americorpre.com
The best thing you can do is talk with another buyers that they already bought pre-construction condos in Chicago you may change your idea ...

Lo mejor que puedes hacer es hablar con algunos compradores que realmente compraron pisos en contractruccion en Chicago , y halba con ellos de sus experiencias

intz. Viel Glück!

Your best bet is to work with a buyers broker of your choice. Find a broker you mesh well with. You want your own buyers broker who will be looking out for your best interest.
Hello Nick
I work with several developers in the City and I have access to several upcoming developments before they are on the market. Please contact me at your convenience and I can help you
Senior VP of Mortgage Lending
Guaranteed Rate
...also your own representative will ask questions you will not think of and the developer will not point out, like can you include appliances for no extra cost, can you help with closing cost credits, are they any wall that cannot be moved, are their any support columns in rooms that are not marked on the floor plans.
Get your own real estate agent. Buy law listing agents represent the seller, not the buyer. The best you will get from working only with the developer is dual agency, which is watered down representation at it's best. If they know the developer is in trouble, he cannot tell you. If you tell them you may be willing to pay X, but try to get it for less, they are not supposed to tell the other side you limit; but how is paying them, the other side.
*who not how
Flag Fri Jul 5, 2013

Let me know where you are looking to buy and I can send you a list of prospective and new developments that will we going up, or planned to go up.

Sohail A. Salahuddin | Founder and Team Leader

Innovative Property Consultants Group | Sales and Leasing

Jameson Sotheby’s International Realty

425 W. North Ave. | Chicago, IL 60610 

O: 312.335.3230 | C: 312.437.7799 | F: 847.805.6030

"Extraordinary Service For Extraordinary Lives"
In this Zip Code there are no current condo building under construction. There are several projects in the works. Presales can be arranged either with an Agent or with the developers. If you want some information or contact information just let me know and I would be happy to help
Nick, are you looking buy multiple condos as investments or just one pre-construction for your own residence. Either way, work with a good buyers agent. Dealing directly with developers will leave you at their mercy. Your agent will look after YOUR interests and not that of the developers.

If I can help in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Remax Edge