Home Buying in West Allis>Question Details

LJK, Home Buyer in West Allis, WI

Buying opportunities for first-time home buyers who are military veterans

Asked by LJK, West Allis, WI Thu Jan 9, 2014

My son is 29 years old, has never owned a home before. He is employed, don't know about his credit history. He is currently renting and his lease is due to expire in August. He would like to know whether he is eligible for a loan (Possibly GI bill?) and "how much house" he could afford in West Allis.

Answers

5
I'm a former Marine and a local lender. I have done several VA loans for my brothers and sisters in the military. Jeff Oesau All Western Mortgage 262-977-1159

There are VA loans available with 100% financing, which means he doesn't have to bring a down payment. I work with over 40 different lenders, to provide my clients with more opportunities. I would be happy to give your son a free professional assessment, to let him know if he would be able to qualify. Feel free to contact me with questions, or to get started!

Ashley Pimentel
Market Place Mortgage
Lombard, IL 60148
Phone: (630) 217-7013
apimentel@marketplacemc.com
Licensed in IL & WI
There are lots of good VA lenders in the area and that's where your son should start. He will need his dd-214 once he applies. He won't need it for a preliminary qualification. Brendan Doud works at Inlanta Mortgage and lives in West Allis, so he can give some advice about West Allis and do the loan. He's easy to find on the web. I have 2 children in West Allis schools right now, so if your son wants input there, I would be glad to help.
After consulting a lender about the advantages of a VA loan and programs for Veterans/First Time Homebuyers, including a tax credit, your son then knows what his puchase range is. A Realtor would then work to determine his housing needs, and what West Allis offers therein.
Have him check with a lender that does VA loans. A VA loan requires no down payment. The lender will be able to tell him how much he qualifies for based on his credit, income & debt. If you need a referral for a lender in your area, feel free to contact me at donnapanico@gmail.com.