Sk0000us, Home Buyer in 20152

Buying new home in Chantilly, VA AVONLEA

Asked by Sk0000us, 20152 Fri Mar 16, 2012

I am buying townhome in Chantilly, Avonlea with new builder NV homes. The home base is 449K with Upgrades 465k for 3600sqft but I am getting cold feet’s and just worried that I am paying too much. I am just wondering if this is a good deal or should I get out of it and lose my Down payment.

Answers

3
Lauryn Eadie 703-898-4771’s answer
Although there will be an appraisal done to protect you and the lender, In OUR AREA, appraisals almost always come in exactly at the sales price or just slightly above.

Are you being represented by an agent? If so you need to ask them to run a thorough CMA to ensure that you are not overpaying in regards to other resales. You will of course pay a premium on a new home vs a resale, but it should not be too substantial or else you will feel the hurt when you go to sell in the future. You should also ask the builder about all the other recently sold homes that may have not found their way into the MLS system. They may or may not disclose this to you, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

If you are not being represented by an agent, give me a call and I will do my best to help you evaluate. I am very familiar with the Avonlea development and live in the area as well. You can find my contact information by clicking on my profile.

Best, Lauryn
can you send me your contact info?
Flag Tue Apr 24, 2012
Avonlea is a great community. My brother-in-law just bought a townhome a year ago for almost that price, so I believe you are ok price-wise.

The community is great because you have a shopping complex just a short walk from where you are.

Also - these townhomes are huge in terms of sq footage. So if I were you, I won't be worried.

Anantha Padmanaban (Andy)
RealtyZone
703-980-5265
At some point there will be an appraisal done to determine the value based on the plans & specs being proposed by the builder. This is designed to protect the lender and you.