Home Buying in Tampa>Question Details

shangshang222,  in California

Buying investment/rental property in Tampa Bay area?

Asked by shangshang222, California Fri Oct 25, 2013

I'd like to see if it is still achievable at this time to buy rental/investment property with cash payment for annual rent return of around 8% after all expenses in the good areas of Tampa bay. It seems that the price has gone up substantially during the past year or so. I want to know if there is still opportunities out there. Prefer SFR built after 1990, 3 BR under $150k, good schools.

Answers

4
ShangShang,

You can certainly find investment properties with good ROI's still. I can help you with your search just give me a call or an email.

Wendi Borders
wendi.borders7@gmail.com
813 215 9731
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 27, 2013
Wendi, I have the same question as the previous investor. I own a couple rental properties in South Tampa but looking for more. I have good property manager but do not have a good realtor. If you are interested, please reply so we could discuss my investment objectives over the phone.

Eugene
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
Dear ShangShang,

One thing you have to be careful about with newer homes in Tampa Bay is the EXTRA community development district taxes. It can cost as much as $2k extra in addition to HOA fees.

Below are 19 that may work:

http://mfr.fusionmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=9887284…

Let me know if you want my assistance and I can create a customized Excel Spreadsheet to analyze each property as far as expected rent, expenses, etc. I would require a loyalty agreement before doing a lot of work for any investor. Also I would need proof of Cash funds. If you're getting a mortgage to buy investment properties I could still work with you but you'll need a strong lender preapproval.

You also may want to consider "future appreciation" and factor that into your decision. We are still experiencing a Buyer's market in Tampa Bay and prices are steadily rising.

So let me know if you would like help from our team.

Alma
Alma Rose Kee, PA
Future Home Realty
813.244.9898
http://www.SoldOnTampa.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 26, 2013
Alma, I have the same question as the previous investor. I own a couple rental properties in South Tampa but looking for more. I have good property manager but do not have a good realtor. If you are interested, please reply so we could discuss my investment objectives over the phone.

Eugene
Flag Sat Nov 16, 2013
There still are opportunities out there but they are few and far between. Are you interested in purchasing single unit condos and or town homes in addition to single family homes? I am a realtor who specializes in South Tampa but also in multi family and investment properties. Please feel free to call me or email at 813-789-2096 or at ellenzusmanrealtor@gmail.com. I would be delighted to work with you and see if together we can find the properties that you are looking for.

Ellen

Ellen Zusman
Realty Direct Tampa
813-789-2096
ellenzusmanrealtor@gmail.com

You can certainly find these deals and obtain that return easily. I have a few packages of properties for sale right now cash flowing and giving 10%-14% ROI.

If you would like details call at 904.710.8056 and I can give you greater detail.