Home Buying in Houston>Question Details

Sasikala Moh…, Home Buyer in Houston, TX

Buying and selling house in H1B Status

Asked by Sasikala Mohan, Houston, TX Mon Jul 23, 2012

Me and my husband are in H1B status and have permanent job in Houston. We decided to buy a house instead of paying more rent to the apartment. And we have long term plans to stay in the same location. But I am afraid if I am taking right decision to buy a house, because I havent initiated my Green Card process yet. Also wanted to know, If I am buying a house and for some reasons, my visa is denied and I had to go back to my country, can I sell the house or is there any option?

Answers

2
you can buy and sell properties as a foreigner, no need to be a permanent resident
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jul 23, 2012

I am a Sr. Loan Officer/Branch Manager for Academy Mortgage and would be glad to talk with you more about buying a home now or in the future. I can pull a free credit report, and discuss several loan options with you. With your free credit report, I can provide you with a credit analyzer that will provide details of anything you could do to increase your score whether you decide to buy now or later. Please feel free to contact me directly at your convenience. You can also complete the application on-line if you want to start there. http://www.CloseWithAddie.com
My cell phone is 832-754-6711 and e-mail is Addie.Sechelski@AcademyMortgage.com I am happy to answer all your questions, and I specialize in 1st time Homebuyers. Congratulations on making the first step towards being a homeowner!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Addie