Home Buying in Menifee>Question Details

Richard, Real Estate Pro in Gaithersburg, MD

Buying a second home from out of state.

Asked by Richard, Gaithersburg, MD Sun Apr 24, 2011

We are looking to buy a second home in/around Menifee, but we are currently living in another state. Any suggestions on finding a good agent that can make this happen? We have family in the area that are going to look on our behalf. We were working with an agent who turned out to be unreliable, and we don't want to go through that again.

Answers

8
Hi Richard,

Sorry to hear about your bad experience, it's always a bummer when you hear about the bad apples. I'd be glad to offer my help, my partner and I actually specialize in the area, you can check out our site http://www.menifeepropertypros.com , and I live in the area personally and love it out here.

If there's any questions you have I'd be glad to answer them, either way I'm sure you'll find a great agent in the area who won't be unreliable.

Diane Caddy
DRE 01878582
diane@rancon.com
Richard,

There is a great loan program that allows you to purchase a 2nd home with only 10% down and no monthly mortgage insurance. You might want to consider this as a financing option. I'm a local lender in town.
Hello Richard, how are you? Unfortunately there are a lot of bad agents out there. Since you're going to have your family look on your behalf, have them interview a few agents to see if they get along. Since you're out of state, you'll want an agent that is tech savy. Even though your family will do the previewing for you, have the agent film a video as they walk-through the home and upload it for you to view. This way you can get a feel for the home.

I hope this info helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Richard,

I live, work, and raise a family in Menifee. If the other agents have not been able to help you out yet, feel free to give me a call or send me an email. There are a lot of good deals in Menifee right now. Finding them just depends on what it is you are looking for. Buy and hold as rental? You can find deals that generate 6-8%. (On occasion as high as 12%) Hold as a 2nd/ vacation home? You'll probably want to be near the family or area of interest. Buying to hold for future appreciation? Certain areas do better than others as property taxes and demand differ.

There are many great agents in the area and your previous experience was an exception. Best of luck and I look forward to seeing you in the area.

Dan Evans
Menifee Realty
951-764-4866
TheMenifeeMan@aol.com
Hi

I would love to help you as I specialise working with families and I am working for Tarbell Realtors which is No.1 Company in SOuthern CA. Menifee is very close to where I live because sometimes if the Realtor is not local becomes difficult to give good service and be available. So let me know if I can be of any help.

If you want to know about my Company pls visit http://www.tarbell.com.

Neetu Sobti
Nsobti@tarbell.com
DRE#01881554
Hi Richard,

I'm sure you are going to get several agents responding who are reliable (and, unfortunately, some who are not). I suggest you communicate with a few of them (myself included) and see who you feel most comfortable with. Whoever you decide to 'hire', have them set you up to receive automatic emails from the MLS for properties available for sale that meet your criteria (i.e. number of bedrooms, number of bathrooms, square footage, price range, cities, etc.). Also, if you are not paying all cash, make sure you are pre-approved/pre-qualified for financing prior to looking as most sellers are asking for this documentation when you/your agent submits an offer.

Also, if you signed a contract with the Realtor you are unhappy with, you will need to cancel that before 'hiring' a new Realtor.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact me.

Shanna Rogers
SR Realty
http://www.RealtyBySR.com
e-mail: Shanna@RealtyBySR.com
If you're looking for a home in the Senior areas, please call me.

Bob
Lone Eagle Realty, Menifee
I always suggest to people to do either of two things.

1) Ask for a referral from someone they know or are related to.
or
2) Ask their local Realtor to research a good agent in the area they are looking.

There's nothing worse than wasting time with an agent that doesn't work. And there's nothing better than getting a Realtor with a proven track record with friends, family and associates who'll work hard for you to find that perfect home. Another suggestion is to find a Realtor that. uses technology to assist you in finding your home. This will be important, since you are out of state.

Good luck with your search!

Ray Wright
951-354-1303