Daddydan711, Home Buyer in

Buying a house with a USDA mortgage, the house has 2.5 baths but the toilet is not installed in 1 of them. Do I need to fix this for the mortgage?

Asked by Daddydan711, Tue Feb 19, 2013

Also there is a wood burning stove that doesn't have the vent in place. I was told by one person that everything needs to be fixed before I can get the mortgage. Another said as long as its not the main/only bath and the wood stove is not the main source of heat I don't have to do the repairs to get the mortgage.

Answers

2
Keith Harris’ answer
In my experience. USDA loans have requirements for septic, water and termite certs, They also need to see the plumbing, heating and hot water working. If broken plumbing is capped off and the rest works, it might fly.
Keith Harris
USDA is not flexible when it comes to repairs. You could however get the USDA approval contingent on the repairs being done prior to closing. The appraiser/inspector would then revisit the property to verify that the work was done. Neither of these seems like a costly fix.