Home Buying in Louisville>Question Details

Clara, Home Buyer in Louisville, KY

Buying a home while spouse is in chapter 13 bankruptcy?

Asked by Clara, Louisville, KY Wed Oct 24, 2012

I have great credit but my husband had to file chap13 bankruptcy due to a private student loan his parents took out years ago. How can we purchase a home under these circumstances? We already own a condo and have never defaulted in 7 years of owning it.

Answers

4
Joel Lobb (NMLS#57916)
Senior Loan Officer
502-905-3708 cell
502-813-2795 fax
jlobb@keyfinllc.com

Key Financial Mortgage Co. (NMLS #1800)*
107 South Hurstbourne Parkway*
Louisville, KY 40222*
http://mylouisvillekentuckymortgage.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 7, 2012
Hi Clara.

I just helped three buyers (in the last 2 months) obtain financing when they had consistently been told "No" by various lenders. All came to me in the hopes of doing a lease option or contract for deed. I was able, with some local lenders who are prepared to make in house loans, to get the deals done. In one case we were even able to think a little outside the box and get one done conventionally. I have a 4th case I'm working right now and we will be getting an answer on it next week.

Call me, I can really help you. It's what I do.
Web Reference: http://metro1realty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 28, 2012
Hi Clara,
I am a Realtor in Louisville. I would suggest you contact a lender to explore your options. There are a lot of things for a lender to consider. When was his bankruptcy? What is your other credit history? A lender is really your best place to start. I can recommend some fantastic people for you to start with. Please give me a call at 502-417-8527 or email me at marybeth @abgrealtors.com.
Hi Clara,
It depends on the type of loan you are going to use and the length of time on his BK, I am in the office most of the day if you need this answered in detail, my direct line is 753-4127, good luck,

Jim Simms
NMLS # 6395
JSimms@cmcloans.com
Financing Kentucky One Home at a Time