Kristian Har…, Renter in Glen Burnie, MD

Buying a home in 6 months..When should we meet up with someone?

Asked by Kristian Hargett, Glen Burnie, MD Sat Jun 23, 2012

My husband and I are very new at this. We want some advice on what we can do in the next 6 months to make the process easier and improve our credit. Where do we even start? What kind of professional do we see? We are interested in an FHA loan

Answers

3
Kristian:
If you would like me to assist you and guide you and your husband through the home buying process from start to finish please give me a call @443-417-6493. I have lenders that can also advise you with a simple phone call.
Hi Kristian,
Improving your credit is a good place to start. Also, contacting a lender early on will give you a better idea of what you can get approved for or what you need to do to qualify for a loan. FHA loans are the best type for first time homebuyers and require 3.5% downpayment. You will also need money for inspections, closing costs, etc. I work with first time homebuyers and can guide you smoothly through the entire process. You can contact me at pbrown@ziprealty.com 443-472-5345. Pam Brown
Step #1 never changes and you can start there anytime. Go speak to a lender. Don't sign anything, don't pay anything, just go talk and get a preapproval. You just answer the questions about income, debt, jobs, etc. No credit checks, nothing but questions and answers at this stage. You can do this with several lenders to get ideas which you like and what their rates are.

After that comes step #2, find a Realtor you want to work with and start looking for what is available in you area to go see. 3 months or less should be about right if you are planning to move in 6 months. Good luck