Smasud, Home Buyer in Folsom, CA

Buying a home in West Roseville on Puebla home, please advice

Asked by Smasud, Folsom, CA Fri Jul 20, 2012

I am planning to offer for a home on Puebla way in Roseville. About 1400 sft for 160-165 k range. How is the neighborhood. Any idea about the schooling

Answers

2
Buying a home is likely one of the largest investments you will make. I would not rely on any information received here to answer your question(s). Rather, I recommend that you contact and interview 2-3 Realtors to find someone you trust and that will represent your interests.

I assume that you have some reason for not working directly with an agent. Perhaps you believe you will somehow receive a better price even though agent compensation is paid by the seller. Whatever your concerns or fears, you will be well served to look into finding an agent.

The current real estate market is very competitive (for buyers, that is) and certain areas have more strength that others. Available inventory in the Roseville area is very low. In most cases, homes that are priced right and show well are sold within a few days of hitting the market. And, it is not uncommon to see multiple offers on homes as soon as they are listed. Many buyers are making 5 or more offers on different properties before finally getting an offer accepted and prices are being bid up over asking price. With this activity, appraisals can be an issue and many buyers are offering to pay some amount of cash if the appraisal comes in low. Cash buyers have more power than those putting minimal dollars down as this offsets risk to the seller should the appraisal come in low.

With this said, if you are determined to "go it alone," shoot me an email and I'll send you a competitive market analysis so you can assess value on your own, if you like. See contact information.

Otherwise, good luck to you!

Steve Quaranta
Better Homes and Gardens Real Estate
Email: SteveQ@TeamQ-RE.com
Phone: 916-276-7653
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Jul 28, 2012
Well put Steve!

This is an extremely competitive market for buyers right now. Wouldn't you want someone letting you know when a home hits the market, rather than finding out from the listing agent that it had 10 offers and is already under contract? Without working with an agent your chances of being a competitive buyer are highly diminished. But when you work with an agent you can get accurate, fast information, you'll know exactly when a home hits the market and be able to see it that day, and you won't pay dime for their service.

Many buyers believe they can get a discount by working with the listing agent. It doesn't work that way. In fact, even if you end up being the winning offer on a home using the listing agent, they actually get double commission - the listing agent's and the buyer's agents. They do not get half, somehow saving you or the seller money.

And when you use the listing agent, you are putting them in a sticky situation. Who did they sign up to help? First they signed up with the seller. Then they signed up with you. I'm not saying there aren't plenty of honest fair real estate agents. I'm saying that I would feel awkward as an agent trying to represent both parties.

Remember, your representation is representing more than the purchase price. You've got to go through inspections and possible repairs.

So like Steve said, interview a few buyer's agents and find one that will work with you to purchase a home.

Morgan Larson
916-241-8788
morgan@morganlarson.com