Home Buying in New Jersey>Question Details

NJHomebuyer, Home Buyer in Marlboro, NJ

Buying a home in NJ commute to Downtown NYC (wall street area)

Asked by NJHomebuyer, Marlboro, NJ Mon Apr 15, 2013

Looking to move to NJ but don't know the areas at all to make an informed decision on the location. I would like a nice, quiet place to live with easy commute to downtown Manhattan. I would prefer to stay under an hour - hour 15 minutes commute each way. Initially started looking at Southern Jersey - Manalapan / Marlboro areas since they have a direct Academy bus to downtown and if the job situation changes to Midtown as well. However not having much luck finding something that will "speak to us". No kids in the picture right now, but since you never know school district has to be nice. The hous that we are interested in need to be 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms, full basement, attached garage, a decent yard for outdoor entertainment, fireplace, public water / sewer, natural gas heating / cooking. Price, would like to stay under $450K and under $10K in taxes.

Thank you in advance.

Answers

9
Hi there, I can assist you in Union County where you may find a home that meets your price and commuting preferences - Cranford, Scotch Plains, maybe Westfield, also Berkeley Heights would be an option. Moving just to the west in Morris County is Long Hills, then Somerset County's Basking Ridge (likely only townhomes in that budget), Bedminster and Bridgewater. We can find you a nice home in Bridgewater in your budget.

In fact, I will be listing a ranch in Bridgewater tomorrow in the low $400's - 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, nice low taxes.

Here to help in any way....

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
John Sacktig, Broker, East Brunswick, NJ NJ Buyer -

I was doing the same commute for years.. I settled in East Brunswick for the location, schools and closeness to NYC and Brooklyn (35 miles). Great town! Since there were literally 3 stops for the bus on Route 18 to the turnpike, my commute to downtown NYC was about an hour and ten minutes. I am an expert in Middlesex County and have I have my finger on the pulse of all listings in the area.

I see your wants, needs and pricing above, So lets see if we can find a house that talks your ear off!

Send an email or give a call.. we can discuss your options, pricing and anything you need to know to move forward!

John Sacktig
Broker/Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
Email: JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Hi

Let me know if you might consider Essex,Bergen or Passaic counties.
we have shorter commute to the city and lot's of options as far as schools and neighborhoods.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Apr 19, 2013
Hi NJHomebuyer,

I currently service the Essex, Union, Middlesex and Monmouth County Areas. There are plenty of nice areas you can choose from that have either bus or train access to NYC along with good schools. Just to name a few you have:

Essex County - Millburn, Livingston, West Caldwell and Chatham.
Union County - Westfield, Cranford, Scotch Plains, Berkley Heights, Mountainside and Summit.
Middlesex County - East Brunswick, Metuchen, Monroe and North Brunswick.
Monmouth County -Old Bridge, Marlboro, Manalapan, Matawan and Middletown just to name a few.

If you want more information about the homes available in these areas, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ron Sheedy
Coldwell Banker - Robert Michael Realty

(732) 239-7452
rdsheed@comcast.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 15, 2013
I live in the area as well as commute to the city. There are a lot towns that fit your criteria in southern Middlesex/north Monmouth counties along Route 9 (e.g. Old Bridge, Marlboro, Manalapan, Matawan) and Garden State Parkway (e.g Aberdeen, Middletown, Hazlet, Holmdel, Shrewsberry, Tinton Falls, Ocean, Red Bank). Some of the schools here are best in the state and at the top 10 in the nation, according to the U.S.News & World Report.
There are number of options to get to the city, that include bus, train and ferries.
Please let me know a little more about what you are looking for and I am certain I will find it! Please let me know if you have any questions about buying a home or commute to the city.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 15, 2013
Hey there,

My name is Melissa and I am an agent in the Morristown NJ area. Morristown and surrounding towns are areas that alot of NYC commuters live in. The trains take about an hour to get to Penn station.

If you need some help find a home I can help. My site is also a great resource to search homes http://www.melissamyrealtor.com if you need some help please feel free to give me a call at 201-527-7313

I look forward to speaking to you!

Melissa Silva
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 15, 2013
Hi...

I would love you to consider Atlantic Highlands, Oceanport or Middletown and some other towns in that general area.....

Please contact me at you convenience so we can discuss an a extended wish list...The commute by boat is wonderful .......Easy access also to the train or bus..Wonderful school districts...Living a great life style at the Jersey Shore...close to Reb Bank, all wonderful restaurents, theatre and the list go on and on..smiles

Diane

Diane Van Vliet
Heritage House Sotheby's International Realty
23 West River Road
Rumson, New Jersey 07760
732 859 2375 cell
Livingston, Summit, New Providence, Chatham, Scotch Plains, Berkeley Heights just to name a few.
With the train stations offering convenient commuting into Hoboken (path train to Wall Street), great downtown, highway access, restaurants, along with the well ranked schools.

To help narrow down your area options, find a Realtor that can give you the neighborhood information. Then you can visit a few homes in each area to get a better understanding of living each town has to offer. I will be more than happy to "speak to you ;)". Feel free to contact me directly.

Good luck with finding your dream home!
Armin Lusinyants
917-626-9420
http://armin.kwrealty.com/
hi there,

I am very familar with all the areas you have mentioed and could help you. I can help you with very competetive mortgage financing as well.

I would love the opprotunity to connect with you, so feel free to contact me anytime.