Home Buying in New Haven>Question Details

Siamak Nejati, Renter in New Haven, CT

Buying a apt or studio in downtown

Asked by Siamak Nejati, New Haven, CT Tue Mar 12, 2013

I am thinking about buying/financing an apartment in New haven as I am moving to Yale to work for 2 years and want to buy an apartment I can flip quickly when I'm done. I have a family of 2, should I buy in down town area?
If I can not sell it fast will it be easy to rent it all year along.

Answers

2
Jennifer D`Amato’s answer
Good morning Siamak,

The downtown New Haven area is very desirable, and properties do sell and rent very quickly, especially during the spring season. I would also recommend the Wooster Square and East Rock neighborhoods, as they are both on the Yale shuttle line, which will also pick you up and drop of at your home during the off hours. These neighborhoods offer a friendly, vibrant and diverse community setting.

Please contact me if you would like to dicuss options in any of the areas in or around Downtown. There is a nice variety of options currently available and mny more expected over the next several months. I would be happy to discuss any questions or concerns that you may have.

Jennifer
203-605-7865
If you want to resell it quickly .. you either have to buy at a deep discount, or take a loss when you resell (don't forget Realtor commissions, closing costs, financing costs, etc). It is generally a very desirable area, so resale or yearly renting should not be a problem (at the right price).