Home Buying in Riverside>Question Details

Korensaenz, Home Buyer in Riverside, CA

Buying a Home With Recovering Credit

Asked by Korensaenz, Riverside, CA Sat Jul 27, 2013

I had a question about buying a home with recovering credit. I was unfortunately widowed as the result of an accident which ruined me financially as my partner was the breadwinner and I was in grad school. Fast forward a few years and now I am in a better position and re-married but with the same lingering credit issues. Thankfully after asking around I decided to take many people's advice and hire a credit resorption person and I saw my credit scores jump over 100 pts after a few months and hopefully the trend will continue. I have capital and a year long time frame before my lease expires and I want to make something happen; however I feel very uneducated, lost and in fear of making mistakes and losing time. Can anyone suggest programs, financing options etc. for someone in my situation? I am open to anything. I am also an educator if anyone knows of any programs. I want to buy a home in Riverside, CA. Thank you for your time!

Answers

4
We can certainly help you out. You can check us out at http://www.TheMortgageOutlet.com and give us a call. One of our loan officers will look at your situation and present you with some options.
It sounds like you're taking all the right steps to set yourself up to be able to purchase a home when you're ready. Find a lender that you're comfortable with. Myself or the other Realtors who've answered your question can refer you to reputable and knowledgeable mortgage lenders.
The key is to get with a lender that has flexible programs that won't blow you off just because it is a year until you are planning on purchasing. You can write a new chapter in your life and your credit challenges will not affect you forever. You are to be commended on the proactive stance you are taking. I wish all of our buyers were are courageous and tenacious as you are in beginning the home search process more than one-year out. Our team would be happy to recommend a great local lender that has worked with multiple educators in the past.
Hi, How long did your credit person say it would take? There are a couple of banks who will make a loan with Make Sense guidelines.

Give me a call at 951-312-8473 and we can discuss your options.

Karen Whitman
RE/MAX All Stars Realty
karenwhitman@remaxallstars.net