Home Buying in Davis>Question Details

Sandy, Home Buyer in Davis, CA

Buying a Condo or small family home

Asked by Sandy, Davis, CA Fri Jun 8, 2012

I would like to buy a house or condo in Davis, CA. I am wondering if there still any first time programs. How high your credit line has to be, and do you still need a down payment if you qualify even for a small loan? Thank you

Answers

3
There is such a thing as CALFHA - This is an excellent program fro 1st time buyers with moderate income. You usually do need some 3.5% downpayment but in certain instances you can get some of your costs paid.

I recommend going to my blog on this: http://1sandiegohomesales.com/calfha-fabulous-program-for-fi…
Sandy,
I don't think there a no down payment loans available in Davis, but I do know that there are some downpayment assistance programs that can help with that if you fall into their guidelines. I also know that Dixon is an area where there are USDA loans which are 100 percent financing. Different loan programs require different minimum credit scores so that one is tough to answer. I would need to know a little more about your situation to answer you definitively. Please call me at (530) 304-6176, That's my cell phone. We can talk about it more in detail and I can refer you to a lender who may be able to help you.

Carol
There might be some first time buyer down payment assistance programs in your area. Check with the city and county. They can be a lot of paperwork and hurdles though. You can always try a 3% down conventional or 3.5% down FHA loan. The condo will have to fit certain criteria though.