Home Buying in Inglewood>Question Details

Michelle, Home Owner in Los Angeles, CA

Buyer's agents...I'm preapproved for about 200k and would like to work with a reputable agent near LAX. If your fees are high than this

Asked by Michelle, Los Angeles, CA Fri Jan 21, 2011

won't work. I'm interested in condos and homes but have been looking so long and have almost given up. I want to find 2bd FHA approved properties listed as standard sale only. Any advice?

Answers

4
I've made a few offers on homes in LA last year and I was always outbid. I worked with an agent and feel it is time to move on. Condos are becoming more attractive to me and I feel they may be easier to get into with the small price range I'm dealing with. This agent was a friend of a friend and kept telling me to stay away from condos. She doesn't seem interested in helping me now that I've given up on homes so I need another agent. BOFA already sent me updated preapproval docs so I'm ready to start fresh. Can anyone recommend a buyer's agent near me? What do you think about a condo since my rent is pretty much the same as a mortgage.. just to get my feet wet? Thanks for any replies
Michelle,

Who were you talking about with before? There are no fees for working with a buyer's agent because their commission is paid for by the seller. Finding a 2br with a FHA loan is competitive around the LAX surrounding area and having a good agent will help. Interview and/or call REALTORS on here and find one that you're comfortable with. I sell in the Inglewood area and depending on your wants and your motivation - maybe I could help.

Felix
Michelle,
The buyer’s agent fee is paid by the selling office. Commissions will vary depending on what is offered by the seller on the specific property. The best agents will save you more than the commissions involved through market knowledge, negotiation skills and having connections to great vendors. I would put your emphasis on finding the best agent available. If you need a referral, send me an email and I can suggest a couple of agents I know in your area.
Consider working with an agent of your own--interview in person a few agents, or as many as needed, from different realty companies, then choose the one you like best...ask about scheduling around your needs, who will choose the properties to be seen, can you expect updates on new listings and recently sold properties, and how often will communication occur, etc.; ask about current sales in your areas of interest, negotiating strategies, etc.--then go from there.