Justmark, Home Buyer in 30075

Builders offering Purchase Plans for existing homes (in good condition), in Metro Atlanta?

Asked by Justmark, 30075 Fri Nov 4, 2011

I am a homeowner in Roswell GA (30075). Have a 3BR, two story home on an acre lot. No problems at all outside of what would typically be expected for that age. Family is outgrowing, and no buyers out there. I am in a strong position to buy newer/larger home if only I could sell. Does anyone know of metro Atlanta builders who offer purchase programs where they consider buying existing home. Am NOT looking for advice on pros/cons of this, I already know those. Am instead looking for info on IF any do this, how to look into, etc. I don't know why builders holding inventory *wouldn't* want to consider this. There have to be a lot of potential buyers out there like me, in this quandry

Answers

2
Just Mark,

Unfortunately, as you can see no one has answered your question, mainly because nothing out here exists for what you are asking.

However, I do have another suggestion. Home Renovation

I have a rare loan that allows you to do up to 50% of the Final Renovated Estimate in improvements to the home. This would allow you to increase the size of your home as needed.

Now I have no idea what size your home is but I work with 4 different Renovation Companies (one was even featured on Atlanta's "Flip This House" a few years ago) That could easily increase your houses Foot Print say taking the average 2600 sq ft Roswell 3 bed 2.5 bath home add 400-800 sq ft more and make the home a new 5bed 4.5bath home. If you compare average home sales with the increases you'll get the idea

Do yourself a favor, take you homes current Sq Ft. add 1st 400 sq ft with 1 extra bed and a bath
Then do another search with 800 Sq Ft. and 2 extra beds and a bath. You may see that by staying put you might actually increase your properties value to where you have instant equity. Not to mention a happy wife and family who don't have to move and still get all the new home bells and whistles.

I'd be happy to discuss some options with you and also put you in touch with construction companies that can deliver your dream home.

Hope to hear from you soon,

Rob Robbins
Senior Mortgage Consultant
Cornerstone Mortgage Group
6151 Powers Ferry Road NW
Suite 610 Atlanta GA 30339
Office 678-578-7613
Cell 404-932-5353
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Jan 22, 2012
In the current market, builders are not offering to buy homes from prospective buyers. The market have improved so perhaps a sale is possible now. Give us a call and we can give you an updated market value.

Barry Wolfert, Associate Broker
Recognized by Communities Magazine as one of Atlanta's 100 Best Realtors

Wolfert & Wrenn Real Estate Team -
Keller Williams Realty Consultants
Direct: 770-656-7551