Home Buying in San Antonio>Question Details

Trisha, Home Buyer in 78260

Builder Move Up Program?

Asked by Trisha, 78260 Sat Jul 21, 2012

we are looking to purchase a new home in San Antonio, but need to sell our house in Round Rock first. I know there are different programs out there that may offer a discount to sell yourhouse since they will be our buyers agent on the buying end... Anyone suggest a good Builder Move Up Program/Realtor?

Answers

2
Diana Tawil’s answer
Hello Trisha,

I have been in the Home Building/Real Estate industries for over 16 years. I have actually personally worked for several of the Big Builder's here in San Antonio and consider myself an expert in the new home construction arena.

I know of several good Builder's that have move up programs and I, as your Realtor would certainly be willing to work with you on the listing of your current home in Round Rock, while representing you on the purchase of your new home.

All the best to you in your home search.
Yes, many builders in the area have such programs. Clients with this situation are usually living in the surrounding areas typically, but you should be able to qualify.

In the contract to buy a new home here, they would put in a caveat (a condition) that you will proceed to purchase a home based on the sale of your home in Round Rock. This usually applies on 'To Be Built" homes and not the ones already begun. Since there is no way to determine exactly when your home will sell, it would not be in the best financial interest for the Builder to hold a specific existing one for you.

I closed on a home last October for my clients from Seattle, who picked out their floor plan and lot and put a deposit down. They had the same stipulation that you are in need of. Construction for their home began once the Builder had a copy of the Executed contract and the "option' period had been passed.

Where there is a will... There is a way.