Home Buying in Charleston>Question Details

Ron, Other/Just Looking in Charleston, SC

Brickyard Plantation?

Asked by Ron, Charleston, SC Wed Sep 5, 2012

What's the neighborhood vibe like in Brickyard Plantation. This is most likley going to be the place I want to buy a house. I've seen some houses for sale in brickyard that I really like and the neighborhoods seem nice and private. Also how often do Brickyard houses pop up on the market, I'm planning to buy a house within the next five years so I'm in no rush, but still would like to know how often there properties are on the market. Also can anyone who lives in or regularly visits Brickyard tell me how you like the neighborhood.

Hey Ron,

I would consider renting in Brickyard to get to know the neighborhood. That way you can see if it is a personal fit for you!
Ive thought about renting in brickyard, but I don't like the idea of renting. I feel like it kind of like throwing money down the drain. But yesterday I drove up there and drove around the neighborhood and it's really beautiful, and I got a chance to speak to a home owner about brickyard and he said he really liked it, the people seem really nice. I also drove around Hamlin and dunes west but I liked brickyard the best.
Flag Fri Sep 7, 2012
Brickyard is a great neighborhood, but there are several similarly priced neighborhoods in Mt. Pleasant. What are your interests?
As far as interests goes, I think alot of the other neighborhoods (dunes west, Hamlin) have alot of things to do like bike trails,pools,tennis etc. But I looking for privacy. I want to be somewhere where I'm not too close to my neighbors, with a gated backyard and a house that is pushed back on the lot. What other neighborhoods would you recommend in mt. Pleasant?
Flag Thu Sep 6, 2012
id like to find a home very close to the beaches we love to fish and beach whare are thare homes in a price range like up to 200.000 and near water sandysizemore@bellsouth.net i live thare 15 years ago for 6 months and loved the water thare but i cant afford a mansion but can maby get a forclosure /short sale ill have cash around christmas thats when im coming can you send me pics to look at close to the water ,id love a pool and fireplace also if no pool ok but a must have a fire place thanks ,sandy from florida.

Great question! Brickyard Plantation, relatively speaking, is a very active neighborhood. Currently, there are over twenty listings, ten of those are under contract. If you would like to have an in-depth conversation and really learn about this neighborhood and the ones surrounding it I would love to spend some time with you. Please contact me either by phone or email so we can get started on finding you a future home!

I look forward to hearing from you!

Hi Ron,
Brickyard is a desireable community in the Mt Pleasant area. That's great you have a long term plan but depending on you circumstances, you may want to consider purchasing sooner rather than later. Seeing that the average home in brickyard sold thus far this year is about 421k and economist are predicting 3-5% increases over the next 4-5 years, it's possible that you'll find yourself spending a good bit more when you may would have had that much in equity. I don't think there are any "crystal balls" out there, but that's what market data is showing and what the market is trending to now.
Ron - If you're in no rush to buy, maybe you could rent in Brickyard so you can see for yourself how you like the neighborhood. There are several rentals on the market in MLS now. As for the stats you asked about, looks like there are 14 homes available on the market, 11 under contract and over the last 2 years 73 have sold according to MLS, which as you know can't guarantee the accuracy of information provided.
Hi Ron,

Brickyard Plantation has a lot going for it - popular and convenient location, great amenities (pool, boat landing, optional boat storage) and homes at various price points. Most lots are close to 1/4 acre and up, allowing for a little more elbow room between houses. There are basically 9 subsections in Brickyard Plantation, so houses frequently come on the market but homes priced less than $500,000 go very quickly in the current market.

I am an agent in Mount Pleasant and have lived in Brickyard, so I'd be happy to answer any questions that you have if you want to give me a call. No pressure/no strings attached.

Marcia Wray
Carolina One Real Estate
Brickyard is a very nice established neighborhood in Mount Pleasant. Most of the homes were built in the 90's early 2000. Prices range from 338k to over a million. There is a walking trail that starts in the front of the neighborhood but no sidewalks as some of the newer neighborhoods have. A lot of people like the location as it is close to I526. Currently there are 14 homes on the market. and 10 under contract.
Hi Ron,
If you would like to be set on search for for brickyard available properties, I can set that up for you.
Just need your email address to send you the results.
Or call me for better information. 843-469-1330