Home Buying in Dublin>Question Details

Kariz, Home Buyer in Dublin, CA

Braddock & Logan (Biella) versus DR Horton (Cortona) for Positano at Dublin?

Asked by Kariz, Dublin, CA Tue Feb 22, 2011

Please help! My husband and I are strongly debating between buying at Braddock & Logan's upcoming Biella homes, vs. DR Horton's Cortona homes that just opened. We like the models we saw at Cortona and we'll clearly need to see the B&L models once they are built (next few months). Aside from seeing the models, we're wondering if one builder has a better reputation or is known for better quality than the other, and implications for risk, resale value, or quality of living in that home. Do you have any advice? Also, how does one find out whether people have been happy with their B&L or DR Horton built homes, or if they have lodged complaints against the builder?

Thanks in advance for any advice & wisdom!

Answers

5
Hi Kariz - also keep in mind different builders might have a bit different incentive programs to buyers and some really thrive to work w buyers to get units sold. I was able to help several clients to negotiate down sale price tremendously, which is on top of closing cost and designer options incentive that you usually get... so compare the net sheet for you... if you interested to see latest price sheet and what incentive you can get from Cortona and Livorna let me know... Biella is coming up very soon... Kent
Hello...I live in a Braddock and Logan Home so I know a little bit about them. They are a privately held locally operated company and have been building homes for over 60 years. I would say they are most known for their quality of construction and customer service. I don't know too much about DR Horton but you can't go wrong with a Braddock and Logan Home!!!
I hope that helps and good luck!
Madeline
Both are good builders. I would put more weightage on the floorplan you like and what works for you at the price offered. Also keep in mind the upgrades included in the price and the lot sizes. A lot of time the lot sizes are bigger but most of the land is an incline. I had to go through that when I was looking around. I finally settled for an existing home in Dublin as it was more value for money. For complaints you can look at BBB or JD power surveys.

Being a Mortgage Consultant, I would also want you to keep in mind what are the delivery periods for the homes. You dont want to wait 6 months for the home as you wont know what Interest rates you would be getting at that time.
We bought a Maranello home from B&L and couldn't be happier. Great workmanship, quality and quick response on service requests. I have heard a lot of good things for DR Horton as well, so you can't go wrong with either builders. We love the friendly neighborhood!!

I would choose the best floor plan, price that meet your needs. What sqft and price range are you looking at? Have you looked at Livorno from K. Hovnanian Homes?
Hello Kariz,

In my experience there is much to be discovered online by googling the builders and developers. Having come from the Southeast I have long years of experience in dealing with DR Horton. I think it comes down to value, floor plan and location (view) at the end of the day.

Respectfully,
Vickie Nagy
Web Reference: http://www.LiveDublinCA.com