Home Buying in Boynton Beach>Question Details

Denali2017, Home Buyer in Delray Beach, FL

Boynton Beach market assessment

Asked by Denali2017, Delray Beach, FL Wed Sep 12, 2012

My wife and I are researching the various areas from Miami to West Palm Beach to find out what the current market is offering. We do not have children yet and so we do not have a lot of requirements; primarily that a home be clean and safe. A 3/2 or 2/2 bungalow without upgrades is fine. How likely is it to find home like this in the Boynton Beach for 120k-150k? If it is not possible, that is fine, just looking to see what is available.

Looking for an experienced realtor that is not pushy, and that is open to finding a place in this budget range without budget creep.

Excellent credit. Jobs. Downpayment ready.

Answers

6
Maria Cipollone’s answer
Right away is the best time to start searching for the right property. Homes are selling more quickly, time on the market down with tighter supplies. A new measure shows the typical amount of time it takes to sell a home is shrinking and prices are increasing.

Let me know if I can assist you in finding the right property in South Florida.

Maria Cipollone
Century 21 tenace

http://www.Flahomespecialist.com
Hello Again Denali2017,

Removing the Short-Sale Criteria resulted in 7 total Single Family properties FOR SALE in Boynton Beach with the same criteria below.

There are twenty-one (21) townhome/villa properties FOR SALE in Boynton Beach using the same criteria.

Three (3) of the twenty-one townhome/villa properties FOR SALE are Short-Sales.

You made a very valid point about finding an agent who isn't pushy because nobody likes to feel that they are pressured to make a decision.

The home buying process or decision isn't always the same whether it's your first time or the 100th time.

The decision to purchase or rent a property goes beyond just wanting to move, so we understand that providing you with the right tools and information will better assist you in making the decision to move forward when YOU are ready.

Thank-you for allowing us to be of assistance and once again, Welcome to South East Florida. . .

Stelios Stylianou, Realtor®, CIPS
Palm Beach Florida Properties
Realty Associates Florida Properties, Inc.

561.542.4131 (Buy, Sell, Rent)
561.463.6004 (Short Sales/Foreclosures)

info@palmbeachfloridaproperties.com
Good Morning Denali2017,

Firstly, we would like to congratulate you on making the decision to move to the Sunshine State and for considering the beautiful south eastern coast we call home.

I did a quick search using the following criteria:

Boynton Beach
Single Family
2-3 Bedrooms
2-3 Baths
$120,000.00 - $150,000.00
NON 55+ Communities
NON Short-Sale

The results produced Five (5) Single Family Homes.
Three are 3 bedrooms
Two are 2 bedrooms
All built in the 1980's with one built in the 1990's
Four had a 2 car garage
One had a single car garage

As you can tell and of course as others have said, there isn't much inventory to choose from.

There is less than 5 months of inventory on the market right now in Palm Beach County and we have seen an increase in home sale prices from this time last year.

This also goes the same for rental prices as well.

I am also a firm believer on buying when one is ready to buy while always taking into consideration other factors like the market, interest rates, mortgages, programs available, etc. . .

I would love the opportunity to show talk further so please don't hesitate to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Thank-you and have a great day ahead. . .

Stelios Stylianou, Realtor®, CIPS
Palm Beach Florida Properties

561.542.4131 (Buy, Sell, Rent)
561.463.6004 (Short Sales/Foreclosures)

info@palmbeachfloridaproperties.com
Hi Denali,

If you have the time and patience to look at many homes and the ability to jump on a good deal when it presents itself, you have a good chance of finding a home that meets your qualifications.

There are still many foreclosures and short sales that offer a great value. You may need to do some repairs and updating on these properties. If you find the house you love in a good location and are able to make the repairs you can get some great deals. A little elbow grease goes a long way.

Many people are looking for houses with all the bells and whistles in your price range, and that's an unlikely scenario.

There are houses on the market in the areas you mention, and they come on the market and get sold, and inventory changes rapidly. Give me a call and I will be happy to discuss this in more detail. I promise not to be pushy or creepy.

Nadine Mauro
Highlight Realty
561-414-0864
NadineSellsHouses@gmail.com
http://www.floridahouseseller.com
There are still opportunities to buy in Boynton Beach in your price range. Due to the inventory being the lowest in five years, prices have increased slightly over the last three months. I am located in and specialize in Boynton Beach Real Estate.

Todd Kevitch
BPO Realty LLC
561-400-9376
http://www.bporealty.com
Dear Denali,

The real estate market in Palm Beach County in this price range is extremely strong with a shortage or well priced homes in good condition. Those that hit the market sell in days if not hours. If you are interested in the market statistics that move the market you might consider subscribing to my Trulia blog at;

http://www.trulia.com/blog/tompriester/

The best thing you can do in today's active market is clearly define your housing objectives and determine what areas will meet your needs. Inventory levels are very low and finding homes is a much more difficult task than it was a few month ago. You have a good start with the budget and bedroom/bathroom specifications but there are so many other things to consider. As of this morning we have 35 single family homes in Boynton Beach with a minimum of three bedrooms priced below $150,000 so there are still great opportunities but buyers have to react quickly. If you would like to further discuss your particular situation and put together a game plan to meet your goals please feel free to contact me at your convenience for a complimentary consolation. I would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you may choose to interview to assist you and your family find the perfect Florida home.

Best of luck and if I can offer anything additional please let me know.

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
Thanks Tom, it seems like you are a pretty active responder on Trulia. I like that you give additional information aside from the generic contact details. Can you give me 2 or 3 suggestions (neighborhoods or cities) in PBC that would be most likely to support the price requirement with a small home. This way I can review the area and have a good idea of what requirements we would have. You mentioned Boynton, is that typically a "value" area in PBC?
Flag Wed Sep 12, 2012