N, Home Buyer in Chicago, IL

Bought our house 50days ago. We noticed that there is a drip tapping on ceiling drywall when we run water upstairs. What are my resources?

Asked by N, Chicago, IL Thu Jul 21, 2011

Answers

3
I'm sure you mean, what are your recourses, and, as explained below, probably none.

There's a point at which the buyer and seller no longer have a relationship - the seller has the money, the buyer has the deed, and they go their separate ways. That time is "closing day," unless agreed otherwise, and it's at that time when the buyer has to give up looking for someone to blame, and just get the problem fixed.

Well, your best resource is to first call in a plumber to diagnose and fix the issue.

Then see if it was mentioned anywhere in your inspection.

If it wasn't discovered during your inspection....and there are no signs that it was an old problem that the sellers tried to cover up - I am afraid it's your responsibility.

Welcome to the world of home ownership..........you never know waht might break next!
Hi N, Check with your home inspector list see if it was noted. or if you had a sellers disclosure. If no one noticed it it's possible that it simply started dripping sometime between the time of contract until now. It does happen.

hope that helps

Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net