Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

john kimbrow, Home Buyer in Philadelphia, PA

Bird dogging in philadelphia. What is the best way to find these opportunities?

Asked by john kimbrow, Philadelphia, PA Sun Aug 19, 2012

Answers

10
You need to find a hunter that does not have a dog to give you a job. I know duck season is coming up but I did not think things were so bad in Philadelphia that you would be willing to be a bird dog.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Aug 19, 2012
I work with investors that have properties in Philadelphia that may meet your needs. Please feel free to contact me if you are still in the market.

Regina Ravasco, REALTOR®, GREEN
RE/MAX Access
1033 North 2nd Street, 5th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19123
(215) 803-0665 Mobile
phillyrealtor.green@gmail.com
Licensed in Pennsylvania
http://www.accessphilly.com
http://www.accessphilly.com/agents/ReginaRavasco
A knowledgeable realtor will be able to help you find good investment properties that are around 80,000.00.
However, what exactly is bird dogging? I have never heard this term before, relative to anything except hunting for real.

Ezra Roulinavage
Prudential Fox and Roach Realtors
530 Walnut St Suite 260
Philly PA 19106
I think you should ask your investor friends - the ones you already have - how best to find these opportunities. Also - you should ask them, very specifically, how they plan to compensate you for pointing them to a deal.
I will start going when I get to Philadelphia. (Which will be in a month). 80k deals is what I would target. I would hope to have 15k in cash when I am ready. Right now have 6k
$80,000 deals or you have $80,000 to invest? (No, I'm not trying to get you into anything, not from here in Seattle!)

Have you been going to investor clubs, Chukwudi?
Well when I start I would be looking at Single family homes and duplexes. So deals 80k or less to start out. But from talking to a lot of investors, I have heard that bird dogging is one of the ways they got their foot in the door. What do you think?
Do you mind answering a couple of questions? How much money are you looking to invest, and where did you get the idea that birddogging was a good way to get your foot in the door?
Well I am new to investing and I want to do it to start so I can get my foot in the door and learn the ropes.
Interesting question; where did you get the idea from?