Home Buying in Miami>Question Details

Jenry, Home Buyer in Miami, FL

Big question about buying first home in Miami Florida, we are from Spain not permanent residents

Asked by Jenry, Miami, FL Fri Aug 24, 2012

I'm looking to buy my first home in USA in Miami Florida, so I have big question about this:
-what are the steps to buy a home after I found the perfect home in the trulia app and call the contact listed, what's next?
-what are all the cost that came with the process and after buying the house?
-what taxes can I expect for a house in fontainebleau, Miami dade , and in the doral city in Miami ?

Answers

14
HOLA Jenny
Para poder comprar una casa en USA no importa el Estado todo depende si necesitas un prestamo del Banco o la compra alcontado, si requieres un prestamo necesita lo minimo de un 30% de entrada, verificaciones de empleo en tu pais ,cuentas de banco de donde tienes la entrada de la compra. Si te estan tranferiendo de Espana para Miami por cuestion de trabajo, carta de transferencia y el increso que necesita para poder calificar ( todas tus deudas mensuales enguellendo el pago de la casa no se pueden pasar de un 39% de tu increso mensual) Es necesario que puedas escojer a un buen REALTOR para que te puedas guiar a traves de estos paso.
Si deseas te puedes comunicar con migo mi telefono es 305-546-2410
Tengo 24 anos de expereiencia en negocio de Real Estate.
Suertes
Andres Fernandez
Broker
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Aug 24, 2012
“The most important thing a buyer can do is first of all work with a buyer broker.” As stated by AARP and the Consumer Federation of America from REALTOR® News.

Try to find an Exclusive Buyer Broker with a CIPS designation. CIPS stands for Certified International Property Specialist they will have special training to guide you regarding getting the appropriate tax and titling information.

There is typically no extra/hidden or additional cost for you to obtain Exclusive buyer broker services in your real estate transaction. In the State of Florida only a buyer broker who represents the buyer can negotiate for the lowest price and best terms for the buyer. When you work with an Exclusive buyer broker, the brokerage firm does not list any homes, there is never a conflict of interest in your transaction. The State of Florida assumes that all buyers know all agents are transactions brokers who do not represent anyone one in the transaction and that the agents have very limited if any liability in the transaction. Unless, an agent or broker tells you they will represent you exclusively the agent is not required to disclose to you that they are a transaction agent or broker.

On my informative homepage http://www.FloridaBuyerBroker.com you will learn about:

The #1 Mistake Real Estate Buyers Make – explains buyers relationship to agents/brokers in FL
21 Critical Mistakes Buyers Make
20 Things the Listing Agent Does Not Tell You about Short Sales
Short Sale Fraud
Foreclosures - the Wild West of Real Estate
Unrealistic Buyer Expectations
Buyer Beware
Chinese Drywall

There is no obligation required of you to access this important free educational information on my homepage.

A buyer broker is required to give the buyer loyalty, confidentiality, care and diligence, accounting, disclosure of all known pertinent facts and your financial status is protected.

I am licensed to sell real estate in Florida since 1981.

Serving Lee and Collier County Southwest Florida

Beverly Howe, CIPS, ABR, GRI, TRC
Florida Buyer Broker
Informative homepage: http://www.floridabuyerbroker.com
Owner – Exclusive Buyer Broker
Email: broker@floridabuyerbroker.com
Local Direct: 239-601-2013
US and Canada Toll Free: 1-800-283-7393
Cell phone: 239-269-2766
Choose a competent real estate agent and your questions will be answered and problems solved.
It's sample you can apply for a foreign national loan… for details you can reach me at 305-588-4760 or email me at nora.estevez@city1st.com

i hope i can help you!

Nora Estevez
Very big question, but not too difficult to answer.
First I would have to ask is the property listed with an agent or is it a for sale by owner?

In the first case, ask the agent to help. He or she should be able to help you find the resources you will need to close on your property; financing, property inspector, property appraiser, title company, etc. It is very important that you have these resources available to you and that the contract allows you the time you will need to complete this process.

If the property is not listed with a license agent and is listed as a ‘for sale by owner,’ I would seriously recommend that you hire an attorney to help you with the contract and closing process.

Most importantly, the contract should be contingent on ‘inspections’ and ‘property appraisal’ even if there will be no financing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As for the cost of buying a property in Miami, this will vary. If you are financing the purchase the mortgage broker will be able to give a pretty good estimate of the closing costs. Once you have the closing and title company those cost can be further adjusted to what they will be at closing.

You have made reference to a home in the Fountain Blue area. These areas typically have a Home Owner Association and dues will have to be paid in addition to property insurance and taxes. All this information should be disclosed by the seller before you make an offer.

The cost of owning a property in Miami should be easy to determine once you have contacted the proper resources. Have your agent or attorney help you with this.

If you have any other question, you may contact me at 786.302.0351 or email me at juan@insideMIAMIrealestate.com
Dear Jenryhl,

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape. While you may have already made a decision on the MIami area you might want to also consider the paradise of northern Palm Beach County just a little over an hour north of Miami. The best place I can point you for a brief introduction is an article I did about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2012/05/13/2352/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client from New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

The very best thing that you can do is find a professional Realtor@ to represent you and there are a few recommendations I would make. First is to not sign a buyer's broker agreement with anyone. This is a form an agent will use to tie you up and ensure any transaction you make will only be through them. Find an agent who is happy to perform their services with the knowledge that if they do not properly meet your expectations they will lose your business. 

Second, never call a listing agent about a home they have listed as their initial relationship with the seller will prevent you from working out the best deal. 

Finally, I would recommend that you interview at least three qualified agents in your area to assist you and select one who you feel will have your best interests as their primary goal.

Closing costs can vary widely depending on what is negotiated in the contract, whether you are paying cash or financing and a host of other factors. While taxes will be different in various communities expect to pay somewhere between 2% and 2 1/2% of purchase price on an annual basis for property taxes. Again, there are variables that will effect this rate the most important is whether you will be using the home as a primary residence and the associated requirements.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
I am from Spain , Seville also and is difficult and completly different this market from our market in Spain you can contact me any time it will be a pleasure to hepl you find your house here in Miami and I will answer all your questions please call me 786-326-0643.

what are all the cost ??? Normaly is like aroung 4% I can review all the expenses with you I do SHORT SALES so I have experience with closing cost on HUD1
Tax ??? Is base on purchase price normally aroun 2%

Rocio Montoya 786-326-0643
Dream Land Group
247 SW 8th St
#343
Miami, FL 33130
E-mail: rociomontoyaf@gmail.com
If you are going to apply for a Home Loan... you need to make sure you have all your documents in order.. I would love to help you with that but i do have a lot of questions in order for me to aprove you for a Home Loan... you can call me at 305-588-4760 or email at nora.estevez@city1st.com... let's review your doccuments first and get approved for a Home Loan before you find that perfect home....

Nora Estevez
City 1st Mortgage Services
Glad to hear you are considering moving to Miami, Florida. I moved here from up North about 20 years ago and I love this town. The first step when you find the perfect home is to set up an appointment to view as soon as possible. The inventory of homes currently in Miami is very low so they do go quickly. If you do love the home and do not need to see it you can still put an offer in subject to inspections. I can definitely help you with any of the above. Cost or "Closing Costs" all depends on how you plan on purchasing your home. Cash transactions have less costs then financed purchases. I can get you a better idea once we find the home and you decide which route you would like to take. Taxes also vary widely so I can't give you a range but you can always visit http://www.Miami-dade.gov and you can search the taxes on any particular properties or you can contact me and I will look it up for you. Good luck on your journey and feel free to contact me anytime with any other questions.

Osmany Mondaca
Lic. Real Estate Broker
305-396-9003
osmany@osmanymondaca.com
Hello!

Gratulations on your decision to buy a property in Miami!

However, the process of buying a home in Florida is VERY complex and different from Europe.

I specialize in helping foreign home buyers and I would gladly work with you and explain everything to you want and need to know.

One of the most important differences with Europe is: You only need ONE realtor to help you, since any realtor can show you any property. Interview a few brokers and stick to the one that you trust.

Secondly, in Florida the most part of the commission is paid for by the seller, so working with an agent is a no brainer.

Again, I'd love to explain everything to you, it is just too much information for this forum.

Feel free to contact me anytime!

Kind regards,
Ania Lenzholzer
Coldwell Banker
ania@biscaynebay-realestate.com
http://www.biscaynebay-realestate.com
You should be looking to hire and work with a Buyer's Agent, who will be experienced to work for your best insterets and experienced enough to negotiate you the best deal(s) buying and financing (if you need that too) and not with the listing agent who's duty it is to get the best deal for the seller not you, the Buyers. Real Estate is way different in the USA, we all subscribe to the "MLS" a Multiple Listing Service data exchange, which all brokers can list all property listings and then ALL Buyer's Agents/Brokers can show, negotiate, sell & help close a transaction cooperating with the Listing Broker. WE split the real estate commissions paid by the Sellers 50/50 so there is usually no additional commission costs to you the Buyer, except closing costs, out of pocket expenses & any loan fees (if you take a mortgage) and those will total approximately 3% - 5% of the price of the home you buy, depending on that price. I'm looking forward to helping you when you are ready.
Jenryhl78,
Trujila's Data base is not always up to date. You should contact a Realtor to check for a more accurate search on available listings.
Feel Free to contact me I will be more than happy to help you.

Robert Rodriguez
Lic. Sale Associate
Florida Realty of Miami
Cell-786-489-7430
Email:robtherealtor72@yahoo.com
Hi Jenryh-

Great questions! Have you worked with an agent yet? Here are some agents in Miami who will be able to assist you: http://www.trulia.com/voices/directory/Miami-agent--24606?so…

Best of luck,
Ali, Community Manager
-
If you need a loan, very best case would be 20% down in in S. Florida.

2 questions:

What is the sales price? and

Have you already seen the home with a realtor yet?

http://www.pro-option.com
-