Home Buying in Rego Park>Question Details

Buyqueens, Home Buyer in Rego Park, Queens, NY

Bidding on an apt. in Anita Terrace at 99-60 63rd road in Rego Park. How is the management?

Asked by Buyqueens, Rego Park, Queens, NY Wed May 27, 2009

I know that they had some financial issues in the past, but are now under new management. Was hoping to hear people's opinions, especially people who live or have lived there, or agents that have sold apts in the anita terrace buildings. Thanks.

Answers

5
Olga Mayayeva’s answer
A lot of people are now interested in that development since the management changed. There are some benefits: size and layout of the apartment, location, garage, doorman, also prices are relatively low compare to other buildings. I think more accurate information you will receive from the real estate attorney after he review the financials of the building.
Feel free to contact me for list of the apartment available in that building.
Olga Mayayeva
info@realtorolga.com
http://www.RealtorOlga.com
Web Reference: http://www.RealtorOlga.com
the management is pretty good. They made really fancy new lobby which turned out amazing. Also they improved the laundry machines by buying new ones. The workers are really good at doing thier job to they keep everything clean as possible. Even though some people may disagree with me when we have the building meetings but, to me Anitas Terrace is pretty great building since i have been living for the past 18 years.
I think it is one of the best building looking at these factors -
a) The floorplans are great
b) The management is one of the best management in NY
c) Building in well maintained.
d) Thanks to all the bad publicity the building is relatively the cheapest in the rego park market.
e) The building has more than $2,000,000 (YES $2MILLION) cash surplus .... many of the building this size die for that.
f) It is now fully renovated in last 5 years that means no more headache of repairs for next several years.... external façade, new elevators, hallways, boilers, laundry etc. and the list goes on. I heard that they are now renovating the lobbies
g) 24 hour security
h) The building staff is very cooperative
i) There was special assessment of 20% which went down to 15% which mean the health of the building is greatly improving
j) Repaid more than $2,000,000 (YES $2MILLION) in last 5 years on their loans
k) Not close to the new mall opening in the neighborhood so they will not have the hustle and bustle of that Park city estate or park city 3&4 will have …comeon you want to live in peace, you will look at your peaceful weekend sleep after few drinks in the night rather than a bankcruptcy which was settled in April 2004 …5 year 5 months old. Think twice of the honking near part city estate and park city 3&4 after the mall is up and running.
l) Most couple in the building are young as compared to other buildings ….when the new management came in they sold more than 100 apartment which all were bought by newer generation
m) Also you do not have to pay extra charges for electricity or other things which makes the maintenance look smaller but in fact when you add everything it is more or less same as Anita terrace.
n) you do not have to wait for garage. And why you have to get a garage there is no need as there is ample of street parking as after Anita terrace there is no big building and all town house only.
o) it is closer to fresh meadows park …think if you want to go for jogging every day.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 12, 2009
Only you can make the decision as to where to buy. If you're working with a Realtor, have him/her guide you, request the finacials and have an attorney take a look at them, ask about assessments, do any exist or are there any forthcoming, etc. If you don't have a Realtor you may wish to interview a few and choose an agent, if the seller has representation so should you. People's opinions don't matter, facts do.

Anna
917-576-5376
abrocco@laffey.com
Hi BuyQueens - Great location-you can call Tatyana Pres Board/Man Agt#: 212-564-2111 to get the information you are looking. Don't rely on someone else to get it for you, you are making the investment. Get the latest 2 years financials and bring to your attorney to review or your accountant. There are presently 3 -1 bedroom apartments and 4- 2 bedroom apartments that are avialable. If your still looking call me Terry K 718-614-3167 cell
Your reply is the most disapointing and meaningless, I've read in awhile. Most coops won't just give you financials, by-laws, etc unless you are in contract. To look at these documents, you have to go to the office of the management, you can't get copies to look at. Also you SHOULD mention it will cost you to have your attorney or accountant to review them. I do know this is how it played out for me. Why don't Agents list the maintenance and the management company in the listing? How about some transparancy here? Why is there never a mention of whether the Sponsor is holding any apartments.... as in holder of unsold shares. The Sponsor's holdings made me walk, rather run away from the coop unit I was interested in.
Flag Sun Jan 27, 2013