Home Buying in Pasadena>Question Details

Hanah Cho, Home Buyer in La Canada Flintridge,...

Best tip for start buying house for Pasadena?

Asked by Hanah Cho, La Canada Flintridge, CA Sat Nov 16, 2013

Hello Hanah,
My advice to you would be to find a great mortgage lender that can get you pre-approved so you may know exactly in what price range you should be looking in. Then you should find a full time Realtor for the specific area you are looking in and interview as many as you would like and find the right one for you. Those are just a few tips to get the ball rolling, best of luck and if you need any help feel free to give me a call or email!

Alex Meguerditchian
2 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Hi Hanah,

The first step would be to get a pre-approval letter from any lender (bank, credit union, mortgage broker), unless you are purchasing all cash. They will ask you a few questions regarding your income, credit history, etc and let you know how much you can afford. I would be happy to recommend a few lenders to you if you need it.

After you get your pre-approval letter, you should talk to a buyer's agent to help you find some properties that fit your search criteria and price range, set up viewings for any properties you are interested in, and guide you through the home-buying process.

I just recently sold a property in Pasadena, and I am very familiar with the area. I would be happy to answer any questions you might have about the area, the home-buying process in general, as well as email you a list of properties currently on the market that fit your search criteria.

Feel free to contact me directly at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
BRE #01920120
Web Reference: http://www.jamietian.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Find an agent you can trust and work with them.
First step be realistic about what you are going to get for your money. If you are are looking for the standard 3 bed 2 bath (non condo/town house) in a good area plan on starting at $500k minimum and going up from there. Do all the other thing these people below tell you, then pick a realtor that will tell you the truth. Done!!! Now time to shop. M.M.S
The first thing that you want to do is get pre-approved for a loan. Then you want to take that to a real estate agent and start looking for a home.

Alex Greer
Loan Officer

0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 16, 2013
Hi Hanah,
I agree that first step is to get pre-approved with a trusted lender (I can recommend lenders if you need one) and choose a trusted realtor.

My office and specialty is Pasadena/Altadena and the greater San Gabriel Valley. Please contact me if I can be of assistance.
Applying for a loan to see what you're approved for and what you're willing to spend is the first step, I have a team put together to assist with all of this, even if you need help with building better credit so we can get you prepared..either way, it is a step by step process that requires an agent with knowledge of understanding that this process can be a bit overwhelming to a home buyer. I have over 14 years of experience in the Real Estate and Mortgage industry and the San Gabriel Valley is where I do the majority of my work..

Please feel free to contact me with any questions,

Gina Labellarti

Gina M. Labellarti
Realtor- Coldwell Banker Dynasty
9228 Las Tunas Drive
Temple City, Ca. 91780
(626) 215-4462 Cell
(626) 287-9043 Fax
DRE License # 01509425
2012 Top Producer, International Sterling Society Award.
Best tip to start buying a home anywhere is to get pre-approved for a loan, so you know what you can comfortably spend.........followed by learning all you can about the area....followed by learning about the home buying process in that area.

Best wishes........