Jack, Home Buyer in San Francisco, CA

Best price for a plan 1 at waters end north in Benicia, CA......

Asked by Jack, San Francisco, CA Wed Jun 25, 2008

thinking about making an offer for a place here and would like to know what is reasonable....they have them listed for mid to high 600s......recently saw a listing for plan 1 built in 2005 by the same builder asking price of $595k, 460 Lansiing circle...

Rick Dillion’s answer
I just rencently sold a Waters End home for an astoundingly low price of $505k nearly 4000 sq ft. That is the bottom of the market. The appraised value came in around $550k. The buyer was asked if he would sell right after he closed escrow-he declined.
Currently in Benicia Waters End area the following:
429 Arguello listed at $549,900 and is a 4/3 (4 bedroom 3 bath)
762 Mary Court listed at $585,000 5/4
683 Vincent listed at $635,000 5/3
743 Kearney listed at $708,888 5/5
420 Lansing listed at $718,000 5/4
In Waters End there is a mixture of bank owned and short sale properties, the most current sale to date in Waters End is 533 Lansing that sold for $585,000 in July 5 bedroom 4 bath.
Shea home builders are in the process of building new homes in that area as well. Shea has designs consistent of 1 North, 2 North, 3 North, and 4 North, 3 different styles in those designs California Craftsmen, Cape Cod, and Mediterranean.
The best way to approach of what is the best offer is to review comps and visit properties in the area as it sounds you have, if you are still in the market and would like updated comps of sold properties in the last 6 months I would be more than happy to send those to you as well as active listings. I have floorplans I can send you and get you further information of status of new homes built as well if this is an interest. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have further questions either by phone or email. Best of luck!!
Hi Jack,

Bank owned properties have undercut new home sales and non bank owned sales. Usually the homes are in an unkown condition. Some have been stripped of their appliances and lighting fixtures, window coverings, etc. A new home will give you a warranty-usually 10 years builder, roof longer, and appliances the typical 1 year warranty. You get a bargain but there are addtional cost involved in bank foreclosures.

Rick Dillion, Broker Associate -Benicia
Hi Jack,
Would you like help finding a realtor in Benicia?
You may email me at: kimg@napanet.net.
Congratulations on your upcomming your new home purchase.
Hi Jack, find yourself a Realtor you respect in the area you trust. Many Builders are paying commisions to Realtors right now, so thechnically it may cost you nothing to have them by your side. We are seeing some amazing deals coming from this strategy. Best of Luck! the Coach
Web Reference: http://askPCR.com