Home Buying in Orlando>Question Details

Simonegobin, Home Buyer in Orlando, FL

Best places near Orlando to buy a vacation home.

Asked by Simonegobin, Orlando, FL Sun Sep 9, 2012

My husband and I live in NYC with our three year old. We want to buy a vacation home in the Orlando area for next summer. We'd like to spend 100K-130K, preferably under 100K. Could we find single family homes in our budget in safe, stable, or up and coming areas that are in close proximity to the parks and other attractions?

Answers

10
Hello Simone, The best area for a vacation home that is near to most attractions are Kissimmee and Davenport. Most homes in these areas are also zoned short term rental, which will allow you to rent to other vacationers while you are not using it. Please feel free to contact me if you need my assistance in finding you the right home that will fit your needs.
get a quote on Orlando Resort Vacations Call 1-888-604-9767
Hi Simone,

I think Alan has the question right here. Let me answer it for you. If you want to get into the short term rental business and rent the property out to other tourists when you are not using it then the answer is a resounding NO. The "best" places in close proxmimity to the parks will rarely have single family houses this cheap and if they do have the odd one it will be junk. If this is a lock and leave house that you only want for your own use (and your friends), then yes you can still find them. I was in a great bank owned house in Kissimmee yesterday that was priced at $122,000. (Of course it already had 12 offers.)

Thank you John for the nice words.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Thanks for the reply. I don't plan on renting, this will be strictly for family.
Flag Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi! Great question and I can absolutely help you with this one! The best place to purchase vacation homes with high resale value and close proximity to Orlando attractions is Davenport and Kissimmee. I agree with John that you need an agent who works that market everyday so you can make the best educated decision regarding neighborhoods and those which allow future rentals should you decide to rent it out during the times you are not home.

Also, I saw condos mentioned which are another great alternative. Just keep in mind most have higher HOA and CDD fees which will add to your bottom line cost.

I work this market everyday and know the ins and outs of it. I would be happy to assist you with your home search!

Looking forward to hearing from you and best wishes in your search!

Nikki Lindgren
P. 407-538-6397
E. nlindgren@ watsonrealtycorp.com
W. http://www.nikkisellscentralflorida.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
the big question that will determine what I send you is :

Will you want the home rented out toothers while you are not using it ?

please have a look at my testimonial page. I have been helping fplks in the vacation home areas around Disnery for 13 years.

text the answer your e mail address to 407 832 4888 and I will send you all the info that tyou will ever need :)

http://www.frontlinefloridarealty.com/testimonials

you will see folks from all over the world have been overjoyed with how I have helped them

bye for now

Alan
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
We do not plan on renting it, but family and friends will use it at various times during the year.
Flag Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi Simone,

There are many good areas in Orlando for vacation homes, when you are ready to buy, just give me a call.

Mike Wald
English, Italian, Portuguese and Spanish
Central and South Florida's Premier Full-Service Real Estate Organization®
http://www.BestFloridaRealty.com
Phones:
USA:
Office Miami: +1 786 277-7744
Office Orlando: +1 407 965-2928
Brazil:
Office São Paulo: +55 11 3042-7592
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi Simonegobin,
Thanks for turning to Trulia for your real estate questions.
You'll get alot of great answers from alot of great agents.

Alot of us here have been successful finding vacation homes for buyers.
There are many areas around the attractions that would fit your criteria...and then some not so good.
What you need is to find an agent who can work with you and do the "footwork" for you.
I have helped alot of people from New York, Michigan, Canada and even California locate homes "long distance".
I go the extra mile to view the homes they choose and take pics/videos to save time before they make the trip to see a bunch of duds that weren't researched.

Let me know if you need my help, just feel free to email me.

Happy Hunting!

Carol Bauza
Charles Rutenberg Realty
carol@carolshome.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Simone,

Yes, you can find a property at that price range, If you would like I will be happy to email you some vacation homes for your consideration.

Anabella Tercero Okrassa
CDPE
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Near Disney area, the best Realtor I know in the area is Mark LeMenager. His Email is

mark_lemenager@yahoo.com.

While I live near the area, near Disney requires an agent that works the area every day, and Mark does that.

John

352-978-4539
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012
Hi there. There are several great homes on the market in your price range, just dependant on the features, square footage, amenities, etc. you are seeking. Have you considered a condo as well? Please feel free to contact me at 321-961-1091 or jennifer.steele.realtor@gmail.com so I can customize a home search with your criteria. I specialize in relocations and 2nd homes. Having moved in the past 20 years as an "Army wife", I know the importance of having a great realtor on site. From previewing properties to taking multiple photos for you - I will assist with narrowing down the field to properties that match your criteria so that you will not waste your valuable time once here to find the perfect home in our great Sunshine State.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Jennifer Steele
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 9, 2012