Home Buying in Miami Beach>Question Details

Aj, Home Buyer in Miami Beach, FL

Best place to live in Florida, family home? Budget $550K, cash $275K

Asked by Aj, Miami Beach, FL Sat May 12, 2012

Best and safe place to live for a professional club DJ from Europe?

Answers

27
Do not get so far from the heat of South Beach, it will be your working area.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Sep 28, 2012
Hi AJ!!!!!!!!

Definitely Miami Beach or surrounded areas like Brickell, Edgewater and Downtown Miami.
This is the time to buy …. Do not wait; APR is at the lowest in History under 4% if you are planning to finance.
From Miami to Ft.Lauderdale you will never go wrong investing in your future. Especially Waterfront Properties (houses and condos).
South East Florida enjoy the best weather in USA period. It is a World destination and already Miami Beach hit the Bottom prices last year**** Hurry up and get your piece of Miami this is the time to buy and Invest, you will never regret it!!!
I hope this help you out in your decision. It will be my pleasure helping you out. Feel free to contact me at 305.527.0235 or visit my Website at http://www.Bejmiamirealtor.com and also http://www.facebook.com/Bejmiamirealtor and click on Real Estate Icon and start searching.
Warmest Regards,

Boris E Jola
RESF
(Real Estate Sales Force)
814 Ponce De Leon Suite 500
Coral Gables Fl 33134
Cell: 305.527.0235
Fax: 305.402.0395
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun May 13, 2012
Aj,

It all boils down to your lifestyle and what you prefer. If you are looking for something a little more fast paced, than I would suggest Miami Beach, Brickell, Downtown. If you are looking for something that is a little more laid back, family style living, Coral Gables and Coconut Grove might suit you best.

Luis Iglesias
D & I International Realty
Principal Broker
(786) 395-0341
luis@luisiglesias.net
http://www.luisiglesias.net
Absolutely agree with Jose. South Beach is the place to be if you're a professional DJ.
we have different options but Weston could be one of the best
it depends on your lifestyle and preference. There's no right answer just biased thoughts.
The Best place to live in Florida with family is Palm Beach. Contact us: http://www.floridarealtybrokers.com Phone:(561)845-0609
It seems to me that location is again king. Airports, attractions, beaches and a very good buy is what you are looking for.... Viera, FL is the place you want to be in....
We LOVE the west coast of Florida, specifically the Port Charlotte/Englewood area.
We recommend areas in South Florida. We work with many international buyers looking for pied-a-terre's. View our website for available listings in South Florida that fit your criteria.
Web Reference: http://www.freudrealty.com/
We recommend the Art Deco District of Miami Beach. Urban feel, with a laid back attitude. Here are listings for you to peruse.
South Florida has many wonderful options for you. It's all about what you are looking for and desire. The newer communities are located in far west Dade and Broward counties (our suburbs) Our newer construction and planned communities are located here.

You will be able to purchase more space for your money here as well which is probably the reason there are moreyoung families residing here. You will need to have a car and commute.

Buyers looking to reside closer to the beach and enjoy more pedestrian friendly communities live and work closer to the beach. Space is scare, prices are higher, construction is generally older. Buyers are looking for a big city lifestyle. Tourisst and second home residents are a large part of this community as well.

The budget you have will afford you a home pretty much in most communities. Feel free to contact me to personally see what options you have. Welcome to paradise!
Salvador 305-377-9172
Hi AJ
Please see 28 listings in Miami Beach.

http://sef.fusionmls.com/DotNet/Pub/EmailView.aspx?r=7868241…

Sophie Bamps
Real Estate Agent
Engel & Voelkers/Miami
1200 Brickell Avenue
Suite# 1500
Miami, FL 33131
E-mail: sophie.bamps@engelvoelkers.com
If you want more location than size, moving away from Miami will give you the most for your money.
If you want to live in Miami, you will get less but you will be in a more prime location.
I myself am from Europe and I currently reside in Miami Beach, it has a wonderful mix of cultures.
There atre many areas that do not have a lot of tourism, where it's quiet but you're still close to all the action, clubs, restaurant.
You can email me if you would like me send you listings.

Aj. Remember your priorities to your family. Downtown has great clubs etc but parking is a pain and the cost of homes are greater but at the lowest for a long time. A lot of the sports stars live in the SW Ranches where thete is privacy and great schools and bargain homes at this time. I live and work in this area. I know it well. Txt me or email and I will send you some examples. I am also CIPS certified to help you relocate with the best information regarding exPats. Tel 9548065006. Email. Davidmcchesney@comcast.net.
Web Reference: http://www.ChesneyHomes.com
if you looking for a single family, you should buy in Aventura, or Weston.
If you looking for a condo South Beach, or Brickell.
call me for details
Welcome to Miami AJ!

You should definitely be looking in South Beach, Miami Beach and Brickell area. These areas are full of entertainment, nightclubs, restaurants, etc...
Do you wanna a house or a condo? You can get a decent house but you need more maintenance. If you are single you might like a condo better and for your budget you can get a pretty nice pad!

Email me if you need me to help you finding your home as I specialize in all these areas.

Gisele Zachar
The Campins Co.
http://www.sellinginmiami.com
Broker Associate
sellinginmiami@gmail.com
Hi. Aj
Ill cut it short. Pembroke Pines west and west Miramar for a family with 5 A+ schools Reccommended every year as the best schools in the area with awards every year. Shops and amenities. Call me (el 9548065006. Or emal. My details below. Regards David. Keyes realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 12, 2012
Aj,

Talk about "opening a can of worms."

You'll likely hear from many and of course, everyone believes their location to be the best. Simply stated, purchasing property in the US for a novice should be all about identifying the location first, the rest will fall into place.

There are many, many wonderful locations but the perfect one is the one that matches your personal expectations and specific needs. The best place for one may be the least best for another.....

AJ,
First, you have a good budget to find a very nice comfortable home. Clearly, Miami is the largest city in South Florida and, for those who desire nice warm weather year-round, yet want to be near the energy and activities of a city it ranks high.

If you are interested in the Miami area, you will find that the neighborhoods just to the south of downtown are beautiful, but your money will not go nearly as far as in the nicest neighborhoods in Northeast Miami, which are VERY family-friendly and loaded with young professionals - single and with families.

There are many good options, but my personal favorites are Morningside, a gated tree-shaded neighborhood off of the main thoroughfare, Biscayne Blvd; Belle Meade, another gated community of charming homes from the 30s/40s just North of Morningside; Miami Shores, a large area further North that is its own village, with its own police force, government, etc; and North Bay Island, a gated community of all single family homes which is also part of its own village, North Bay Village and I consider to be one of the "safest" neighborhoods in Miami, very conveniently located close to the beaches, downtown, airport and shopping.

If Miami is not your cup of tea, for a more moderate pace of life in SE Florida with great neighbors, I also very much like Jupiter, as Tom mentioned below, and Delray Beach is very nice too.

If you decide to explore the Miami area, I'm here to assist you. Best of luck and welcome to Florida!

Chris Jenkins
Partner-Agent
1680 Meridian Ave, Ste 101
Miami Beach, FL 33139
305.302.4925
AJ,
It depends entirely on what you like to do and the style you want to live. Florida has great areas for everyone and every demographic.
Call or email if you need to talk about it.
DJ~

I would agree that Miami Beach is great spot to call home. My opinion is that you reant or lease for 6 - 12 months. After knowing the ins and outs... The right place will come to you.

Miami Beach Real Estate Guy
http://www.xeeme.com/mottkornicki

WATERWAY REALTY, REALTORS
Web Reference: http://www.gplus.to/wtwy
AJ

There are many great places to live in South Florida. To determine what area would be best for you I would like to talk with you about your likes, dislikes, where most of your DJ bookings are to determine if you need easy and convenient access to the interstate ect....

My partner and I have a combined two decades of experience and would be happy to help you make Florida your new home.

Rachelle Hirt
305-491-6458
http://www.rachellehirt.com
Decorus Realty
Scott Fortney
305-469-5753
Web Reference: http://www.rachellehirt.com
Dear Aj

Having been from Jacksonville to Key West and Naples to Pensacola and most points in between I know the state very well. There are some amazing places to call home but many differences in weather, lifestyle and landscape; stay below Vero Beach on the east coast and Sarasota on the west coast if you want the best winter weather. We moved a bit and did a ton of research before landing in northern Palm Beach County and should be included on your list of potentials spots to land. The best place I can point you to for a little more information is a brief article I did about the Jupiter area;

http://tompriester.wordpress.com/2010/06/04/jupiter-rocks/

As a resident of Jupiter, I work throughout Palm Beach and Martin Counties, and a great place to start is by defining your goals and comparing the lifestyles and housing costs of areas that you are interested in. There are so many different options available to us that reside in the state and I have selected Jupiter because of the quality of life that we enjoy. From my viewpoint, there is no finer place to reside that the Jupiter area; from the best schools, to a fantastic economy fueled by many factors and of course the wonderful facilities of Max Planck and Scripps Institute, to incredible unspoiled beaches, unbelievable dining and shopping options, numerous boating and golf opportunities, uncrowded streets, low crime and just the overall kindness of our residents. Recently we were out with a client form New York who commented on just how nice everyone is; and why not as we are truly lucky to live in Paradise.

I work almost entirely as a buyers agent in Palm Beach and Martin Counties and certainly would be honored to be on the list of Realtors® you interview and happy to be of assistance in any way that I can. If you are in the area and would like a tour I would enjoy showing you why I am so fortunate to call Jupiter my hometown.

I hope this information is helpful but if you need anything additional please do not hesitate to give me a call.

Always at Your Service,

Tom Priester e-PRO
"Results Driven Real Estate"

561 308-0175
tom@tompriester.com
many great areas, call me to discuss
Hi AJ,
When you say family home, do you mean a single family home as oppossed to condominium?
If you want to be close too the downtown and south beach areas, but still have a family atmosphere in a single family home you have the options of Coral Gables and Coconut Grove which are just south of the city, or going north of the city there are some home tucked in the beach areas of Surfside and North Miami Beach, as well as Miami Shores.
All are safe areas and have close procimity to the beaches and financial and entertainments centers.

The price range is good, but you will always get more for you money the further west you go form the water/beach areas.

I would be glad to send you some options if you can clarify a bit more of your criteria such as nubmer of bedrooms and what general area you want to be closest to, such as South Beach, Downtown Miami, etc. I would also be glad to refer you to a lender that can help you with a foreign national loan.

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
786-374-4778
AJ,

Please feel free to contact me at (407) 325-4344 to discuss further but most places along the beach are desirable. If you're interested in a single family home we would look into Surfside. Coral Gables is probably the best 'family area' in my personal opinion where you will be able to purchase a nice single family home. Great community!