Home Buying in McKinney>Question Details

Jenna.sefkow, Renter in Chaska, MN

Best neighborhoods/subdivisions in McKinney?

Asked by Jenna.sefkow, Chaska, MN Wed Nov 7, 2012

My family will be relocating to DFW in January for my husband's employer (in West Plano). We are considering McKinney as one of our options. We are looking for 250,000-300,000, 4 plus bedrooms, close to schools, shopping and an established neighborhood, but also families with young kids. I have a list of homes on the market right now that caught my eye, but I'd love insight on which neighborhoods to stay away from. Thanks!

Answers

8
Jenna,
I agree with Sam that you might want to consider not only McKinney, but possibly Frisco or Plano. You should be able to find a wonderful home in any of these areas that meet your needs. All of these areas have wonderful schools, some great city amenities including parks, shopping, dining, and some wonderful established neighborhoods.

You will find that as you move farther North in this area, the homes will be newer - as that is where the growth has been. Please know that the commute from McKinney to Plano will not be too long...but if you can find a home closer to work that would just be a bonus!

Please know that we are here to assist you with all aspects of your relocation. Prior to your visit to Texas, we can begin to send you emails that show you the homes available for sale (so you can get a good idea of what your money will buy in each area). When you come to town, we will schedule time to meet with you and tour many of these homes in person. You may also be interested to know that we can complete many documents electronically, so even if you go back to Minnesota while we are negotiating a contract you can get the paperwork complete from there.

Feel free to check out our website for more information about our team of agents, lenders, title companies, and more. We would love to help you relocate to Texas!

Melissa Hailey
North Texas Top Team, Realtors
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry Realtors
214-418-0180
Melissa.Hailey@ColdwellBanker.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2012
In your price range, there are no neighborhoods you have to worry about in North Texas. McKinney is a wonderful community but if your husband's employer is in West Plano it will be a pretty good commute on toll roads. Frisco, Carrollton, West Plano and Addison are also a wonderful communities and might be a bit closer for him. I would be happy to set up a personalized home search website for you. Give me a call or send an e-mail with your specific requirements. Also, if you plan to be here and purchase before the end of December, a national mortgage lender is offering a no closing cost loan that is saving buyers thousands of dollars.

Sam Young
Accredited Buyers Representative
Coldwell Banker Jane Henry, Realtors
(972)837-0788
(817)733-4262
samsonsay@verizon.net
samsonsay@gmail.com
http://www.samsonsay.com
Web Reference: http://samsellstexas.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 8, 2012
Hello! If you are looking for a master planned community in McKinney, The Reserve at WestRidge is one of the top selling communities in McKinney. We are located within the nationally acclaimed Frisco Independent School District. We have reasonable tax rates, are convenient to major thoroughfares, and boast a $2,000,000 water park featuring 4 pools and an amazing amenity center. We also feature a stocked catch and release fishing pond and miles of hike and bike trails.
Due to our amazing school district and neighborhood amenities, along with brand new energy effecient homes, our neighborhood is one of the top selling communities in McKinney!
Please email me for more details on inventory homes and new homes to build. We've just opened a brand new phase that have larger home sites.
SLRambo@drhorton.com
Looking forward to answering any questions you might have.
Sharon Rambo
McKinney is an amazing community I have friends/ clients/ who are either own / rent their properties. I would feel honored to represent you with you search. If you intend move in my January need move quickly.

McKinney homes for sale McKinney, TX
http://www.lynn911.com/Web/AR287090/CustomContent/index/5057…

Contact my office today where I can show you many amazing homes work with your family specifications.

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
Multimillion Dollar Sales Producer
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com

Follow me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/lynn911dallas
Jenna,

We currently live in McKinney and love it. We live in an area called Stonebridge. Its a very large masterplanned community with a fantastic HOA. Two great pools, tons of parks, trails, etc. About 10k homes i beleive. You wouldn't do yourself justice if you don't ask your Realtor to show you homes in Stonebridge. Also, great schools, the town itself was recently voted #2 best place to live in the USA and we 100% agree.

I think you can find a home that fits your profile and you will love the area. Plus, we are 12-14 minutes from West Plano.

Best of Luck,
Josh Carson
Thanks! I think I have a couple of homes in that area on my list!
Flag Fri Nov 9, 2012
PS - We have included a link to view McKinney homes. Let us know what we can do to further assist you. At that price range, you might consider an older home in the historic district of McKinney.

Lou & Natalia Burns
The Burns team
(469) 688-3453
McKinney is a wonderful place to live, and with your price range you can get a nice home in a nice neighborhood. Have you considered which school or school district you would like your child to be in? Depending on where the home is you child my go to Frisco ISD, McKinney ISD, or even Prosper ISD. I'd be glad to assist you in finding your new home as I have helped many clients from different states relocate to the area. I specialized in North Dallas!

Take care,

Susie Kay, Realtor®
GRI, CHMS, SFR
Residential/Commercial/Investment
English-Indonesian-Hokkien
------------------------------------------------------------------
United Real Estate
III Lincoln Centre, 5430 LBJ Freeway #280
Dallas, TX 78240
469-371-2899
susie_k@att.net

http://www.dfwdreamhomes.net

Servicing your real estate need is my priority!
You may be aware that McKinney was voted #2 Best Place To Live In America by Money magazine recently, so you have made a wise choice to consider McKinney as your home. We have placed many relocating families from other states to this area.

You might want to consider Stonebridge Ranch area which has many great amenities for kids and top rated schools. Just Google Stonebridge Ranch and check it out. There are many other great subdivisions in the price range that you mentioned and it would be best to do a day's outing with us just to become familiar with the areas and subdivisions before focusing in on any one or more particular areas.

We would be please to assist you. Why not give us a call and we can begin a dialog as to how we can assist you.