Home Buying in Escondido>Question Details

Chris L, Home Buyer in Tulare, CA

Best location for investment/vacation home?

Asked by Chris L, Tulare, CA Tue Jun 24, 2014

Looking for a condo in San Diego County and Escondido would be an option. Location is top priority. Square footage and amenities not really important but want something in a nice, quiet, safe neighborhood. Proximity to the beach, shops, & restaurants would be good too. Price range in the $140k range. Any suggestions?

Hi Chris,
There is one condo in Oceanside that you might be interested in that is in your price range. Message me directly and I can send you the details. I completely understand your need for a vacation home. My parents live in Visalia and this time of year, you are most likely dreaming of an ocean breeze! There are some other options too, but with your budget, we are limited.

Sinead McAllister-Clifford
Real Estate Broker/ RealtorĀ®

McAllister Homes Real Estate
Residential Sales & Property Management
License 01366009
858-205-5215 CELL
info@mcallisterhomes.com EMAIL
Hi Chris,

Within your suggested price range there are a few options for sure. Sorry to ask, but are you 55 or older? I only ask because there are some nice, quiet, safe 55+ coastal condos with 2+bd, 2+bth, 1000+sqft within your $140k range. What about manufactured homes? You can purchase a coastal manufactured home and get vacation rental income as well when you're not using it. Please contact me and we can go over the many options I have for you.

Steve Tauber REALTORĀ®

This will be an investment as well as a vacation home. From what I understand manufactured homes are not good investment since they tend to go down in value. No, I am not 55+
Flag Tue Jun 24, 2014
Hi Chris,

Your price range is going to be an issue, I'm afraid. Escondido is an option but is probably 30 minutes from the beach.

With your budget, you will do best to stay inland. Are you pre-approved for a loan? That will be your first step to get financing first.

All the best.
We are currently shopping around for financing. Is there any other place in San Diego County that fits my criteria? I have found properties on Trulia and Zillow in my price range in Escondido. Are they not in good neighborhoods?
Flag Tue Jun 24, 2014