kdhomes4u,  in Bensalem, PA

Besides a larger initial deposit and maybe waiving some inspections, what other ways is there to entice the seller to pick my offer over the others??

Asked by kdhomes4u, Bensalem, PA Sat Jun 23, 2012

Answers

6
Rosann Marabella’s answer
If your agent hasn't advised you, the only other thing thaat would really guarantee acceptance of your offer is higher offer and you shoud consider making the settlement date the best for the Seller

Rosann 215-738-6100
Well, first, I would never waive an inspection. Even on new construction. I'd have to know the property nd al of the aspects of it, the comparables and more to give you a professional answer. Feel free to contact me.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
2010-2011 Coldwell Banker International President’s Circle Award Recipient
CARTUS & SIRVA Certified Relocation Specialist
Previews Luxury Home Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
215-803-3237 (mobile)
215-794-1070 x-103
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
http://www.FrankDolski.Com
maybe offer to close and allow them to rent back for a week or two. Sometimes that makes things easier on the seller.

Don't waive inspections.
A slightly risky way is to make the offer not contingent on financing. Only do this if you can back yourself up. In other words you will still finance, but if for example the appraisal comes in low you would have to cover the difference with an additional down payment. Speak to a mortgage person so that you are certain you will get a mortgage. This is almost as good as an all cash offer
I cannot think of a situation where it is a good idea to waive your Inspections;
not even to make a deal.

You may choose to not insert a Contingency on those Inspections, (which is also stupid), but you should be aware of what you are getting in to.
Maybe you have an bunch of money, and you are making a great buy on the property, and you are willing to take the repairs, (whatever they may be) on your shoulders; that would be strictly you to you. But you should at least know what awaits you.

Other incentives would be;
A short or long Escrow; whatever the Seller needs for their move.
An offer to pay off a 2nd Lien.
An offer to pay up-to 2% of their Closing Costs.
A limousine ride and fancy dinner after the Escrow Closes.
A weekend at Barbados.
More money in the Offer.
I sometimes have my buyers write a letter to the sellers saying how much they love the house and are looking forward to living there. Maybe mention something in particular that the family would enjoy. If there are two offers the same that will sometimes tip the balance in your favor.
I hope that helps.

Terry Lohrbeer
Long and Foster Real Estate
267-446-3530