Home Buying in Bronxville>Question Details

Rajtan40, Renter in Allendale, NJ

Bergen County or Westchester county

Asked by Rajtan40, Allendale, NJ Tue Mar 5, 2013

My wife and I are relocating to NY/NJ area. I will be working in lower Manhattan and my wife will work in Terrytown. We are seeking to aquire a 3/4 bedroom property about 2500 sq feet. We are empty nesters. Where can we buy a property with good resale value but we dont have to pay high taxes for school system. Budget is around 1 MM. We will appreciate any suggestions.

It's all about personal preferences, wants, needs, lifestyle, etc.; therefore take the time to revisit areas of interest more than once, then determine where your comfort level will best be reached....
Hi, One more thing I wanted to ad...when it comes to resale value the school systems play a big part in Westchester. Even though you may not utilize the schools your future buyer may. Part of the reason our taxes are very high is the bulk of them go towards the school system. If you want lower taxes you should consider a condo or townhouse, they tend to be a lot less. You may also qualify for the basic STAR or enhanced STAR depending on your age and income. this will save you some money on your taxes as well. I have a print out of what the STAR discount is for each town in Westchester.

Westchester County is ideal because it gives you NYC access within 30 minutes while providing a peaceful retreat to rest your head. If you appreciate the Arts, museums, sporting events, golf, or nature, then Westchester has in in county and has quick access to NYC offerings. Bronxville PO offers great houses in your range.

Like AskReynet on Facebook

Rey Hollingsworth Falu
Licensed Associate Real Estate Broker
Houlihan Lawrence - Bronxville

Direct 917-855-0277
Web Reference: http://www.askrey.net
Westchester will be much more convenient for your traveling need, specially since your wife will be working in Tarrytown and you in Manhattan. With your budget there are plenty of possibilities that will need to be discussed. I bought in a high resale value area , so I know how important it will be when its time to move on. It would be a pleasure assisting you even if it's just for information. Call me anytime or text

Ewlin Cueto
Exit Realty Search #1 Office
How exciting! Bergen is nice ...but I am partial to Westchester. When will you be in town? Lets set up a phone consultation ahead of time. I have some very good information for you and would love to give you my top picks. I can be reached at 914-418-4118 or 24/7 on my info line at 914-418-4180.
Good evening,

I can assist you in your Westchester County search. Feel free to email or call me to discuss your needs further.

Alissa Salvatore
Associate Broker
Century 21 Royal
Scarsdale, New York

914.722.0700 x22
I have the perect area for you. The area known as Cedar Knolls is rife with luxurious home and the city in which this neighborhood is located has the lowest taxes in Westchester County Train to Manhattan is 32 Minutes and Tarrytown is about the same (by car)

Just contact me either at 914 6689514, or by e-mail granata1727@yahoo.com.

If you would like to call now, I will answer until 11:00

Hi, unfortunately Westchester County has the highest property taxes in the country. My office is in Tarrytown. If you are interested Ikd be more then happy to have a conversation with you about the County and your options. Feel free to message me direct so we can set up a time to talk on the phone.

Christopher Pagli
Accredited Buyer Representative
914 406 9023