BackToRVA, Home Buyer in Columbia, MD

Bellevue, Northern Barton Heights, Forest Hill, or ???

Asked by BackToRVA, Columbia, MD Fri Dec 28, 2012

I'm looking to buy a small home in a walkable historic neighborhood in Richmond with a great community feel. So far, I've narrowed my search to Bellevue, Northern Barton Heights, or Forest Hill, but occasionally I see listings in other areas that I like as well.

I hope to find something by the end of January 2013. I know this time of year is a bit slow for real estate sales, so I'm putting this out here to hear from

- any agent who has sold multiple homes in Bellevue and Northern Barton Heights and could give me excellent advice on Northside neighborhoods, or

- any owner gearing up to sell this spring who might want to give me an advance look at their property.

To all trulia visitors: in your opinion, what is the best walkable historic neighborhood in RVA for a single past college age?

Thank you

Answers

3
I live in bellevue and absolutely love it!. all of the homes have lots of charm and chracter and were built in the 30's. lots of local shops and resturants, my personal favorite resurant is northside grill on bellevue ave. We have an annual christmas parade and lots of community events. i go on a walk atleast ever day and notice something new or different. i feel really safe here. truely bellevue is the best!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012
I grew up on Northside in Ginter Park. When it came time to buy a house I knew that I wanted to go back to Northside. I looked in Bellevue and ended up buying a house in Rosedale in 2006. I love it here. My neighbors are all amazing, it is safe and very much the community I was hoping to find. Because of all of the great places to go, I ended up getting a weekend job in Bellevue. It is fun to see neighbors and hang out. Northsiders are a very close and friendly bunch.
i would also contact joan peaslee she sold me my home and has exellent experience in bellevue.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 30, 2012