Mominneed, Other/Just Looking in Hollywood, FL

Before I purchase a home without a pool, how do I find out if I can add a pool and if yes, will it raise my

Asked by Mominneed, Hollywood, FL Mon Aug 17, 2009

taxes after its completion?

Answers

3
You may want contact your target city' permits dept OR contact a pool contractor to assist you....

Meir Aloni & Team
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220
If u have a property in mind, It is best to go to the Hollywood City Hall's building/zoning dept. to see the survey/blue prints and ask them if there's any forseeable problems w building a pool. there are regulations & set asides, etc. needed to build a pool; therefore, u have to make sure that the land will accommodate these regulations. It's best to get a pool general contractor to give u an estimate; then, you can ask them to check for u.

Any remodeling/additions done to a house will increase the assessed value of a home. You can call the appraiser's office and ask them how much $ value they will put on a pool.

I have a home with a built-in pool, salt filtration system (no chlorine), and custom gates around the pool for kids' safety. Let me know the $ range you're looking for, and I'll send u this listing and others, customized to your needs. I just saw a great deal in Hollywood Lakes...This is the best time to buy! I'm also a mortgage broker, and I can help u with new financing criteria, if that's an issue.

Catherine Kim Owens P.A.
954-536-0648
cjkowens@aol.com
You can add a pool as long as you have the space to accomodate it, Ii would certailny ask your home inspector when he is at the home to tell you how the yard looks for you to add a pool or spa.

And as far as I know, an I am of course I am not a tax appraiser, but it should not effect your tax assessment. But as a realtor we must tell you to contact your tax professional for the difinitive answer.
It is costly to put in a pool and an incomvenience to live with with the installation, so it mabe great to find a home with a pool already installed, even if it needs some work such as resurfacing.

If you need assistance find a home feel free to contact me. I have just recently sold a home in Hollyweod with a pool for an excellent price.

Beth Jenkins
South Florida Brokers
786-374-778
Web Reference: http://www.arealtyteam.com