Home Buying in Playa Vista>Question Details

An_artist, Home Buyer in Playa Vista, CA

Been pre-approved for a 350k home loan, been considering Playa Vista. Is it possible to find a short sale within that price range?

Asked by An_artist, Playa Vista, CA Sat May 5, 2012

I am seeking a 2bd 2 bth. Do short sales happen for that price range or am I out of luck and should look elsewehere?

Answers

5
Reid Kaplan’s answer
I think the days of 2 BR, 2 BA's in Playa Vista selling for $350,000 or less are probably over. Try Playa del Rey. Cross Creek Village is a larger, but pleasant, wooded complex with streams running through it. I just sold an updated 2+2 for $320,000. The downsides are there is airplane noise and it is older. Let me know if you would like me to show you any properties there or if you are able to stretch a bit higher in Playa Vista.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat May 5, 2012
I've been following listings in Playa Vista and notice that homes stay on the market a long time....that worries me as a buyer. I plan on living in WLA max 3 years and would hate to have a place that lingers on the market 4 months. It tells me that things are over market if a great model has been on the market that long, also lots of foreclosures still coming up? How stable is that market?
It's stable, but the market has cause some problems because it was so low..for so long. Now the Real Estate market is recovering and you will see fewer and fewer distressed properties.
There are other Westside areas to consider. I would recommend you connect with one of us who works the area to help you!
Flag Thu Oct 17, 2013
The market in Playa Vista has changed. The least expensive condo was a 1 bedroom and den asking $399,000. This condo had 7 offers and entered escrow last week. I assume it went over the asking price. Generally, the 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom are listing average is $550,000.00 to $659,000.00. Base on units square footage, floor level and views.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
310.853.9933
It is still possible in that range if you hang in there, but most likely would be a one-bedroom.
Contact me and I will go over your options with you; which might mean something near Playa Vista. I will also discuss the HOA fees and tax situation.

Diane
Diane Broda - DRE #01719491
Preferred Playa Vista Agent - Top Producer
Keller WIlliams - Marina del Rey/LA
310 745-4477 - direct
213 713-2929 - cell
dianebroda@ca.rr.com
I just brought in a buyer for a 2/2 short sale in Playa Vista. Great unit. With my negotiation skills, it should be closing right at that mark. Yes, it might be an aberration and something that doesn't come up frequently, but I am proof positive that it happens.
I live, work and play in Playa Vista. I have lived here since the first day and would not want to live anywhere else. It is a community feel that is not to be gotten anywhere else - and I was born in Los Angeles.
Get in touch with me and I will help you with your real estate needs.
Thank you.
Diane Broda - DRE #01719491
Keller Williams - Marina del Rey/LA
310 745-4477
dianebroda@ca.rr.com