Mo, Home Buyer in Shrewsbury, MA

Been checking the Shrewsbury listings for a while now. I don't see much changing in terms of what's out there.

Asked by Mo, Shrewsbury, MA Fri Feb 15, 2013

The question: are there more homes for sales than what you see online?

Hi Mo,

Many full time professionals will know of property that can be bought but is not actively on the market.
I would contact a local real estate professional to help with this answer and to save time and money.
(Not me, I'm on the Cape, but I can help you choose a local pro if you want help doing so.)

(Please note: when you choose an answer as a Best Answer, or at least give a thumbs up, it helps those who answer questions here.)
Be patient. Inventory is low in many towns but you need to remember that you are only looking ONE house. You still need to look at what comes close to your description of "perfect" because it actually could be the right one.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Feb 23, 2013
While it is true that there area number of homes for sale by owner, the majority of homes are listed with an agent. The inventory is low right now but will pick up in a month or so with the spring inventory coming on the market. I think what you may really be interested in is finding the right home for you. A little patience may go a long way. Spring is coming quick with more houses, townhomes and condos.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Great question! Shrewsbury is a really competitive market. Our inventory is at record lows, so those who had decided that they want to live in our town must be right on top of things. While all the consumer websites out there have loads of homes for sale, the information is not always 100% accurate. Also, it sometimes takes a day or so for all the major real estate sites to "discover" a new listing. Your very best tool in a fast market is an agent who lives and works full time in the community that you are interested in buying in. Good luck, I am happy to be of assistance.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Well, not really however there are a number of "for sale by owner" websites where you may find a few homes - and you can always check Craigslist for "homes" for sale by owners.

Shrewsbury has been a very busy market for some time. The overall supply of homes - in most price ranges - is very limited with "new" listings (in good condition) going under agreement in a matter or weeks.

If you're not "bound" to Shrewsbury, Grafton, Northborough and Westborough are a few other local options where you might find something of interest.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
The inventory is stalled and anything good is going quick! What are you looking for?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
Yes, there are often more than what you see online, and multiple reasons for that. Email me...steve@shrewsbury.net
1 vote Thank Flag Link Fri Feb 15, 2013
The Spring market looks like it is going to be a busy one. Low inventory will push the prices up just a bit. We are seeing multiple offers on some of the newer listing. Interest rates are low so if you have been watching the market I suggest you jump in and secure your home.
Please feel free to check my web site out or call me.

Joanne D'Errico
ERA Key Realty
Westborough, MA