Unspecified, Renter in Brighton, MI

Beech Mountain... safety ? I see larcenies and B&E's listed ...is this correct ? I would love to buy up there ON the mountain. your thoughts ?

Asked by Unspecified, Brighton, MI Sat Sep 29, 2012

Considering buying on the mountain. Full time residence. can anyone elaborate for me about lifestyle, other residents attitudes and jobs and average age. Also, the heating costs for the average resident. thanks

Answers

6
Pat Miller’s answer
I have lived on Beech Mountain since 1979 and have never felt threatened or unsafe in anyway. We have a fantastic Police Department plus first responders with volunteer EMT and paramedics. I really can not give you an estimate on heating because it depends on the size of home or condo you would be living in. A lot of the homes have been converted to propane/gas a long with electric back up. Wow average age is hard to tell I would only have to guess on that maybe 55 years however more younger family's have moved to Beech and attending our local schools which is fantastic. As for jobs you could have different jobs for winter at the ski area or summer for the town or maybe for the Beech Mountain Club which is a private club. This you would have to research for yourself with what you would qualify for. Thank you and I hope I have helped a little.
Lived in Banner Elk for 10 years...great place to live, lot's of outdoor activities...college and universities close by...email if you want to talk in more detail...city-data is a good resource site as well...bouldermcandrew@gmail.com
Glad to hear that...am about to purchase in Banner Elk but just saw on city-data that they have a very high crime rate and a very high (58-1) sex offender ratio...enough to deter me.
Flag Fri Jan 11, 2013
Beech Mtn is a ski resort and also has golf club membership with most properties.
Please let me know your criteria and I can send you some listings. Please send your email.
Emily
828-898-9282
Preferred Mountain Real Estate
emilyfarthing51@yahoo.com
NO, NO, NO, offense taken!!! I am so AMAZED at some of the things the on-line real estate posting sites come up with. In our 12 years here, we can recall so few incidents beyond the occasional prankster stuff on Halloween or New Years.....

BUT one incident I do recall......someone broke into a doctor’s residence near us and by-passed ALL the expensive electronics he had – and stole.......ALL of their bed coverings & blankets!! Albeit – it WAS a very COLD WINTER.....Doc said only “well – I hope it kept them warm”!

I hope you will come for a visit – and I would like to ask if you would allow me to show you the area and help you find that special home for you and your family! Check out my recommendations here on Trulia!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Sep 29, 2012
Oh, Mrs. Schorr - I didnt mean to offend... I am SURE that Beech Mountain is a great community. It's just the crime stats listed on Trulia say the crime is at 7% where the county was listed at 4%. I was just wondering if that was because of the tourist (as, I'm sure this is not from residence). Thank you for your reply. I am excited to bring my family up there to visit and seek out future home possibilities.

Thank You
ARE YOU KIDDING?? I could write forever about our wonderful lifestyle & GORGEOUS scenery and our UN-believeable four Seasons! Also - we have a LOT of cultural events sponsored by our Appalachian State University and our smaller - but highly recognized Lees McRae College and our large Arts communities. We have the BEST if the BEST....

As for CRIME? VERY, VERY VERY Minimal.....and especially here on Beech Mountain...eastern America's Highest Town!! I've lived here year'round for 12 years and sold properties in the high country for about as long.......and I love helping folks find just THE right home and at the very BEST Price!
PLEASE contact me via my ad here on TRULIA – you’ll be Happy you did! THANKS MUCH and I look forward to having you and your family come to live our Beautiful Mountain Country!